Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just sold my tC for a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, they gave me 19,000 for my car on a trade in, which really helped. I did enjoy my time with the tC and I enjoyed my time here (may still post once in a while.)

1st thing I did was get it really muddy! My tC was always getting muddy because of where I live so I thought it would have a more tC-appropriate life somewhere else. I loved keeping my tC in ship-shape but just couldn't do that when going down my driveway is considered off-roading!

So what do you think of my switch?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i had a jeep before my tC, so I believe its just because I love Jeeps, it is the most fun vehicle esp. in the summer when you take the top down and go places with friends.

yes, they gave me 19,000 on my tc w/ 7,000 miles on it

they also came off the price of the jeep about 4,000

(i just like big tires and wheels in a different way, i guess!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hell funny story to this at Cobb County Toyota they sold two used Scion TC's and they both had 5,000-7,000 miles on it for more than a new Scion TC. (Georgia)

The market is quite tough to get these cars honestly with the options you want. (trust me I went to 8 dealerships in Georgia and the most they had on their lot was 2 Scion TC's)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well we told em we'd walk out if they didn't give us what we wanted, but my guess is if they didn't give us that much for the car, they would've came down on the price of the jeep.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you should check your tC on kelley blue book if you have less than 10,000 miles on it, your tC has probably gone up in value like mine did.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
No....car's should never go up on value...that's not what car's do. there not like houses and other things. it's a car, only thing it does is go down in value. maybe were you live it is rare so it costs more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm sorry but that's just silly.

Consumer: I wanna buy a tC

Dealer: SURE! You can have this used one that's been driven in mud for about 21,000 (assuming they're looking to make a profit) or you can buy a brand new one for 17,500.

I mean that deal is great for you, but I dont see how it makes sense for the dealership.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i honestly don't understand how that could have happened unless you had spent around $27,000 on the car. which is possible only if you have like ever possible accesorie on the car.

anyone have a clue what happened?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah. There's more demand for the car that there is supply.

If it were possible, tCs would be selling with a dealer mark up to the price. The only reason they are not is because Scion has pure pricing. Dealers have been grousing about this since the car came out. They could easily add $1500 to $3000 depending on the market.

So the used price is higher than the new price. Because people don't want to wait for a car to be ordered. See multiple redundant threads about waiting for a tC, getting a call that it is in, and how long is the wait.

BTW, congrats on the Rubicon, you should always spend your money on what makes you happy, not what others think is right for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by SpeeedTc@Jan 23 2006, 08:34 AM
No....car's should never go up on value...that's not what car's do. there not like houses and other things. it's a car, only thing it does is go down in value. maybe were you live it is rare so it costs more.
I'm telling you-- I live outside Warrenton, which is roughly 60 mi west of DC. Im not in nowhere, Oklahoma.

When I did the KBB for my car it was roughly 800 bucks more than what I paid for it after taxes

I bet alot of ppl. would be suprised to see that their car might've gone up!

LoBux is right-- why my car would be more expensive is because it already there! There's no wait, and most people can't put a price on time!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
If I rate my car as "excellent" condition, which it is, KBB gives a retail value of $16,600 without any options. Amazing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I sold my Jeep for a tC! I miss my Jeep every now and then - but I love the speed of my tC! I kept my land cruiser for off roading purposes.

Have you ever been to www.allthingsjeep.com

it's a great site, check it out! Have fun Jeepin'

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by KatiestC@Jan 23 2006, 09:43 AM
I sold my Jeep for a tC! I miss my Jeep every now and then - but I love the speed of my tC! I kept my land cruiser for off roading purposes.

Have you ever been to www.allthingsjeep.com

it's a great site, check it out! Have fun Jeepin'
Thanks! Yeah the speed of the tC seems incredible after having a Jeep, but I missed a Jeep more and more, so after 7 months I had to get one!

I was also more daring and dangerous in a tC, so a Jeep is probably better for my health. :)

·
ex-06'er
1,124 Posts
Just curious, how much did you pay for the Rubicon? I was looking to buy a Jeep for about the last 18 months but I could never find one that fit the price range, condition and location (I was pretty f'n broke at the time so no wonder).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.