Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local tuning and audio shop have quoted $170 to do a 5 window tint, 2 front one %, 2 back another and rear a 3rd.

They use solarguard film.

I'm under the impression that film choice is a BIG deal.

Anyone have any experience with it.

I'm thinking of doing 50% (or even lightner on the front windows - NJ law is none, but I want a little) and then 15 or 22 on the back and rear.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have always had 3M film, but i have heard of solarguard. Anything a shop uses is probably going to be decent stuff. Never the less, if your car sits out in the sun only expect to get 10 years out of the film. Also on your price.....i got a full size cadillac deville tinted for $150 and that is 2 front windows, 2 back large windows, two back small windows, and a rear window....i think i might try to negotiate a little.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
If you pay in cash, most of the time you will get a lower price. My mom got her windows tinted on an I30t for about $130 in cash, lifetime warranty so if it ever cracks or whatever he will redo it for free. He did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I paid 160 for the top of the line 3M stuff. See my sig for %

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Glad to help out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Those are suppose to be for life with a warranty, so if they ever fade u can get them replaced free (technically).

·
Registered
426 Posts
true..i jus got my windows done with solarguard film..very very happy with the results and the big difference that it made both in and out of the car..i got 6% of the high performance charcoal on the back 3 and 22% high performance on the sides..looks really clean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.