Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I know from experience that when you paint plastic parts you use a diffrent kind of hardener in the mix. It keeps the paint plyable enough so that it bends with the plastic and doesnt crack. I think that the paint on our plastic is very soft. I have only been driving my car a few weeks and already I have about ten chips in my front bumper. When it was wrecked, I picked it up at the body shop and the guys there had left scratches in both the bumper and the side door sill plastic pieces. ( I made them buff them out but it seems to me that it is very easy scratch). Has anyone talked to the dealer about this problem or even noticed it. I know it comes with driving but I used to have Pontiac that was about ten years old and my tC has more chips than it did.

Second how has the paint been holding up for you guys and your aftermarket painted ground effects. Im just curious to see if you are having the same problem.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have chips. but thats the price you pay. drive a low car a lot at 80 mph, and you are going to have chips. lance and i spoke about that last night while talking over his supra. they dont show as much in the alpine silver, but they are there. same as my tC. product of a driver, i suppose. so, i am with marty, i dont believe i have excessive chipping.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i've noticed a few scratches and chips, but that's probably because I pay a lot more attention to this car than to the others i've driven. But i'd agree with Marty on this one, it's all part of driving.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah, that's normal wear and tear.. if they did cover it i'm sure there would be a crazy amount of lines @ dealerships to get chips off.. i've only had mine a month and i got a nice chip

"you better get inside your mom"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.