Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SO...

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I just signed up. Anyways, I've got a few questions here. Toyota is going to stop making the celica in the US at least in about 2 years or so (current 7th gen is the last one) and theres a whole lotta rumors about the TC replacing it. I drive a 2002 celica GTS, and I think the Scion TC is badass, but do any of ya'll have one? How fast is it supposed to be? Hows the car basically.

#2 ·
It is definately has alot off potential to be quick. Considering the compression is 9.6:1. Unlike the 2zz engine were you have to wait until 6800 rpm for only 130 torque the camry engine reaches max torque (163 @ the crank) @ 4000 rpm and 160 hp @ 5800 rpm. With the TRD supercharger the hp and torque will go alittle over 200. With those numbers Toyota can finally keep up with VR6's. A Scion TC with a supercharger will definitly take out any 2zz especially on the start.

#4 ·
yea um, where did you hear celicas are gonna be gone? i know for a fact mr2 spider is gone but not celica, i'll ask my dad tommorrow about that and get a definate answer, but i really doubt celica would be taken out, i hope it is taken out though, that would mean supra would have to come with the absence of mr2 and celica, but from what i heard supra and celica will be the future sports cars of toyota, once again i'll double check tommorrow and get back to you guys about it

#6 ·
i called my dad and asked him if celicas were out, and unfortunately he said yes. He said the numbers sucked so they are only gonna be in Japan and Europe. But the good news is, since toyota scratched mr2 and now the celica, that means there is an incredibly good chance for a new supra to be unleashed.

#7 ·
Only if they can keep the price down and performance up... I don't think anyone wants or needs another NSX...

It seems odd that sales were so bad for the Celica w/ the numbers I see around here... When they first came out, it seemed like every other car on the road was a 7th Gen Celica, but that probably has more to do w/ me looking for 'em
I still see a lot of them though...

#8 ·
Originally posted by SWFLATC@Jul 4 2004, 01:20 PM
It is definately has alot off potential to be quick. Considering the compression is 9.6:1. Unlike the 2zz engine were you have to wait until 6800 rpm for only 130 torque the camry engine reaches max torque (163 @ the crank) @ 4000 rpm and 160 hp @ 5800 rpm. With the TRD supercharger the hp and torque will go alittle over 200. With those numbers Toyota can finally keep up with VR6's. A Scion TC with a supercharger will definitly take out any 2zz especially on the start.
its a pretty quick car, and nimble for its weight. i got into a fight with a celica gts on the I80 towards san francisco over this last weekend. she didnt have a chance on the way up to 110. after that she shot by, but only because i had proved my point and had backed down to 80 by the time she got to my back bumper.
bring it, celica.
just wait til i get my supercharger.

#10 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 7 2004, 01:27 PM
its a pretty quick car, and nimble for its weight. i got into a fight with a celica gts on the I80 towards san francisco over this last weekend. she didnt have a chance on the way up to 110. after that she shot by, but only because i had proved my point and had backed down to 80 by the time she got to my back bumper.
bring it, celica.
just wait til i get my supercharger.
hehehe... are we going to need to add a racing forum soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.