Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm saying goodbye to my 2005 tC RS 1.0 #140 in the morning. I'm trading it in on a 2004 Dodge SRT-4. Believe it or not I will miss the tC but I think I will enjoy the SRT-4 more. It's been fun and I'm sure I'll be around occasionally.

I actually went to the dealership tonight to get my deposit back, but my girlfriend who hated the car the first time around convinced me into it, what a world!

I got it for really cheap as I have been negotiating on it since last Friday. I got $17,000 for the Scion which I thought was excellent, originally it was $15,000. I also got them to install cruise control, change the oil, transfer my paint protection, and knock another $2,700 off the price of the car. It pays to find an 04 left on the lot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What color SRT-4 are you getting? My boyfriend just turned in his GTI for one about a month ago. I think it is funny that you said your girlfriend hated the car the first time she saw it...I HATED it too..but now, I have to admit I actually like his fast "neon." I just put a deposit on a 06 tC, but for a few minutes I was acutally thinking about getting an SRT-4, but decided to go ahead with the tC..Well now that you are going to be an SRT-4 guy, you might want to check out SRTforums.com. The people there are cool-my boyfriend actually met up with some of the guys and got their cars dyno'd this weekend. Anyways...good luck with the new car..you will have a good time with it!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
you'll still hang out with us tCers??? you can be our ambassador to the SRT-4 forums

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by *Corrine*@Jun 29 2005, 09:57 PM
Well now that you are going to be an SRT-4 guy, you might want to check out SRTforums.com. The people there are cool-my boyfriend actually met up with some of the guys and got their cars dyno'd this weekend.
Already signed up, thanks though, kinda cool your getting a tC, now you guys have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Jun 29 2005, 10:10 PM
it will always be a "neon". have fun with it. i hope you find it more comfortable than the teaSee
Kind of like saying the tC will always be a Camry, but thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by hamster@Jun 29 2005, 10:20 PM
you'll still hang out with us tCers??? you can be our ambassador to the SRT-4 forums
Absolutely, I still hang out at 3geez.com (for 3rd generation Accords), shoforum.com (granted I still have one left after this weekend and I mod a few sections over there), I like to see whats going on.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by MilTownSHO+Jun 30 2005, 06:27 AM-->QUOTE (MilTownSHO @ Jun 30 2005, 06:27 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-HaTeOnThYs05
@Jun 29 2005, 10:10 PM
it will always be a "neon".  have fun with it.  i hope you find it more comfortable than the teaSee
Kind of like saying the tC will always be a Camry, but thanks! [/b]
hey i agree with that, sh!t, im not denying it. lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05+Jun 30 2005, 09:44 AM-->QUOTE (HaTeOnThYs05 @ Jun 30 2005, 09:44 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2005, 06:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-HaTeOnThYs05
@Jun 29 2005, 10:10 PM
it will always be a "neon".  have fun with it.  i hope you find it more comfortable than the teaSee

Kind of like saying the tC will always be a Camry, but thanks!
hey i agree with that, sh!t, im not denying it. lol. [/b]

Got it tonight and I absolutely love it! Miss some of the nice features from the tC like auto up and down windows and the huge glass roof. But I am much happier! It's so hard to not boost it! I also forgot how much fun a Quaife is!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'll be happy to keep my 12 year old Supra, thanks. It's not wrong wheel drive, and it runs with the big dogs. FWIW, it dyno'd 330 at the wheels bone stock with only a light flywheel. Hard to complain about that. It also still does it with 140,000 miles on the odometer. I love Toyota reliability.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jul 1 2005, 12:45 AM
I'll be happy to keep my 12 year old Supra, thanks. It's not wrong wheel drive, and it runs with the big dogs. FWIW, it dyno'd 330 at the wheels bone stock with only a light flywheel. Hard to complain about that. It also still does it with 140,000 miles on the odometer. I love Toyota reliability.
What are you saying?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Jul 1 2005, 10:55 AM
Lance is emphasizing Toyota build quality and longevity.
The build quality of my tC and some of the others from reading on this board is just pathetic IMHO. Not saying Toyota's are bad, but wow, especially paint issues!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Personally, I think the paint issues are just being blown out of proportion. Rock chips are a fact of life. Beyond the rattles, which I shouldn't have to have, I have no build quality issues with my tC. I and i'm sure everyone else will love to hear your impressions of the SRT as you own it for awhile.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i dont view the paint stuff as a build issue, and im one that has it. its simply that, an issue, more with the roads, cars, and rocks. i for one , love the srt-4. took it for an extended test drive, but i had a hard time pulling the trigger and having my money go to it. friend has one and loves it, hope you have the same experience

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Hmm. The tC was just ranked first in initial quality by JD Power. I could choose to believe a bunch of whiners about rock chips and other minor complaints, or I could look at my car, which hasn't had problems to speak of, glowing review after glowing review in the national media, and now the recent award for quality. I think I'll go with the second.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.