Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very siked though!

I hope to be busy installing everything this weekend but I have a feeling all I'll get installed is the B&M and the CAI. Cant install the plate frame till I get my real plates..

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
CAI and B&M should take ~2-3hrs max, springs... a weekend max. That's how long it took me when I didn't know anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 down 2 to go!
Not so bad for a 1st time DIY eh?

I hope to try and get the B&M knocked out also this weekend but we shall see...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Nice. How do you like the intake?

You'll enjoy that B&M.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Pharoh@Jan 30 2006, 01:58 AM
Nice. How do you like the intake?

You'll enjoy that B&M.
So far I really like it, I have not really seen any performance gains but it's so small I didn't expect it anyway.

DYNO for the Intake

The sound is very nice though, it is very aggressive with just the intake. I can't wait to hear what it will sound like with the exhaust. I'm going to try and see if I can get some sound clips so you all can get an idea of the sound since I think I'm one of the only people that are using the Fujita CAI.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
I always distrust when they have SAE smoothing set to 5... should set off huge warning flags. Usually means they did something funky w/ the dyno settings to show more gains than there actually were... this usually causes the graph to be more jerky so they set the smoothing to a higher value to smooth it out. Most dyno's run under humane conditions are ~1.5.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
pardon my ignorance, but what's SAE smoothing?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Pharoh+Jan 30 2006, 05:04 PM-->QUOTE (Pharoh @ Jan 30 2006, 05:04 PM)
pardon my ignorance, but what's SAE smoothing?[/b]
2nd

<!--QuoteBegin-Pharoh
@Jan 30 2006, 05:04 PM
  im dying to see more pics of the Htechs!!!
You and me both, I'm leaving for Snowshoe this Friday so I don't see myself having it installed till next week at least. It's killing me though having to look at them in the garage everyday when I come home.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh@Jan 30 2006, 03:04 PM
pardon my ignorance, but what's SAE smoothing?
Basically it's a correction factor for the dyno, used to smooth out the reading. Not-so-honorable dyno owners can tweak certain variables to make a product seem like it has more of an improvement (if there even is one) than it will on the street. Especially if it was performed on an inertial dyno... I prefer using a chassis dyno myself. Sure it's harder to load any off-the-street car onto it, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate and there are less variables for you to tweak to show power gains that are really non-existent.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Found this online

SAE Correction: This allows the SAE correction to turned ON or OFF. Selecting OFF will set a default value of 1.00 (no correction). SAE correction is based on Air Temp, Barometric Pressure and Humidity. When ON the horsepower and torque levels are corrected to the SAE correction method. (Default is ON)

Smoothing: The smoothing correction makes the dyno chart look smoother than it really is. The larger the number the smoother the dyno chart. The smaller the number the more accurate representation of what is really happening is displayed. (Default is 3)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If you need any help installing the B&M short shifter, I have done it and so has Pharoah (he really helped me through it). I know I am willing to give you the answers to anything you need help with and I'm pretty sure Pharoah is too. Just PM me or post the question here. Its deffinitly a fun DIY.

-Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.