Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my tC on July 5th and have been waiting for forever. On Friday I finally get the call to come pick up my tC and go down there. I fill out all the information and the sales rep starts questioning me about my drivers license, which I recently renewed. Well it turns out the DMV f'ed up and f'ed me over by sending me an IDENTIFICATION card (Which btw looks no different than a drivers license in CA except for the little green words at the top that say Identification card instead of drivers license. Even the drivers license # I previously had is on the card). I can't get my car. I just about died over this. I have been waiting as long as anyone (6 weeks). Hopefully on Monday I can take care of this with the DMV and have my car by the afternoon.

·
Registered
409 Posts
OMG, that sucks i know how you feel completely. The DMV hates me too...., The first time I scheduled my driving test, I go there to find out they changed their rules without telling me that they checked your Social Security #, which they didn't do previously and mine was F'd up by the Social Security Office cuz it said i was like younger than i really was, then I go back and everythings fine, but just yesterday I find out my Insurance company could not access my DMV record thingy so i have to drive all the way over to the DMV and wait to get everything straightened out -___-, hope you get things fixed man =) good luck

·
Registered
936 Posts
damn, being let down like that has to be the worst thing. Listen man, I hope it all works out for you in the end (and the whole process is speedy of course). Best of luck with your new toy! - T

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I am sure it will all work out. To tell you the truth I wasn't expecting my car for another week or two, so I guess I can try and be patient about it. However, nothing sucks worse than test driving YOUR car, paying for your car and than having them say, "uh, well we can't give it to you today... Sorry."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plus it was Friday the 13th. So at least I didn't get my car and then crash it that first night.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
The dmv gives you a temp licence when you leave so you will still have something to use for driving, jobs, ect. Won't your dealership let you use that a proof?????

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 14 2004, 08:36 AM
My car is due in any day now & now that I think about it, I'm glad I didn't get it on Friday the 13th...
good point, but, we would have liked seeing you any way

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah, the DMV is the most inefficient place in the world. I hate going there, and i hate dealing with them. I'm going there to get my motorcycle permit on monday... and i'm not looking forward to lthe lines, or the bitchy women that are empolyed there

·
Registered
55 Posts
that sucks. the dmv isn't always the most organized and efficient place. when i got my first driver license, it was supposed to designate that i was underage by having a red stripe at the top and the picture taken of my profile. well, i got a 21+ license instead. only thing was that my birthdate still showed i was underage. never tried to take advantage of it though, so i don't know if it would have gotten me any drinks or into any clubs.

·
Registered
583 Posts
im sorry.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I hope everything works out for you. I agree with moriarty... the DMV should be able to issue you a temp. license that you can take to the dealers with your ID card (sounds so highschoolish). That should be proof enough...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 14 2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah, the DMV is the most inefficient place in the world. I hate going there, and i hate dealing with them. I'm going there to get my motorcycle permit on monday... and i'm not looking forward to lthe lines, or the bitchy women that are empolyed there
Hey... no need to be singling out women... there are bitchy men working at DMVs too...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
That is very possibly the lamest thing I have heard all week -- I'm really sorry, man. I really hope you are able to get things straightened out and get your tC on Monday!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
this won't help but i ordered mine on the 5th of July and got the call on Friday the 13th as well but i got to leave with mine. i feel for you now that i have mine. i would be raising some serious hell. good luck,

·
Registered
999 Posts
How the heck did the whole "Friday the 13th is bad luck" start? All I can remember is Jason (hockey mask machette wielding sucker.

DMV's got longer lines than riding a roller coaster...
My drive test is this Thursday! Scheduled at 10AM, hopefully traffic won't be in the way. Getting my permit took five hours of waiting, my friend got a California ID in 10 minutes (he said there was no line, NO LINE? I can't believe that.)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts