Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is left with a big gaping black hole of space due to it's big square unconventional shape?

that sucks.

i do not dig the stereo this car came with. awful.

with radio it's not so bad but when cd, i have vol at 64 and can still have regular conversation.

6 speakers? might as well be just the two in the front. i can't hear the back ones at all. the fade option does ####.

i don't want some big subwoofer (?) thing-a-ma-bob, i just want a decent stereo but hate to think of the hole it leave in the console and visible wires.

the speakers are decent. just wish i could utilize them.

what can i do.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
They have a mounting kit so that a single din size stereo will fit in the dash. I believe that you can get it from crutchfield. I'm sure people will post with more info.

·
Registered
542 Posts
there are double din aftermarket radios out there if you want a new radio and don't want a space left over. with a single din radio the mounting kit leaves a nice space for some cd's though. someone else on here also custom did a mounting kit that filled up the space with a light-up scion logo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great to know! i didn't know what terms to look up (such as double din)

never replaced a stereo. scion tc is the largest car i've had and years and years of concerts have deafened me. i can't hear the back speakers for nothing! it seems so dead back there.

i only had the car 5 days. drives reaal nice (brakes not so hot, imo) but can't wait for my first long road trip. need to have the tunes in order before i can do that though.

post pics if you've got em!

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you push and hold down SSP you can switch it to xA or xB and getting more sound out of it.

Paper speakers normally don't sound as good as the high dollar ones. Easy and semi cheap upgrade.

·
Registered
542 Posts
after having three speakers and my subs working in my last car, i have no complaints about my tc speakers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.