Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but my performance 18" tires/wheels that I love in the summer just don't cut it in the winter here in NY. Funny though, because about 2 weeks ago tirerack.com had steel wheel/tire combos for the tC, and now they dont. WTF.

ARG.

Does ANYONE else know where I can find a set of steel wheels for the tC???

·
Registered
958 Posts
i don't think steelies are needed and a front wheel drive.. maybe i'm wrong? but you should def. change the 18's to the stock tires with some winter... the high performance tires i had on my mustang was horrible.. good luck..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's probably because they're out of stock of steelie rims.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But does anyone know of any other place that sells steel wheels for the tC besides tirerack?? I don't want to buy more expensive less effective alloys when I know tirerack WAS selling steel wheels. UGH!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hit up a Discout Tire. They usually give away all their collected steelies.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you have the Yokohama's you should be ok... The potenzas are pure crap in the rain and i'm not even gonna try 'em in the snow... Get better tires!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't even get ahold of tirerack @ their customer service 800 number to ask them about their availability, or lack there of, of their steel wheels for our car. Once I find something out I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you're just looking for tires to fit over your stock 17"s, they'll be expensive. 17"s are an odd size snow tire. You're probably looking at about $120-$150/tire.

If you're looking for steel wheels, like I was, the only ones you'll find are the 205/55/16"s. They're about $90/wheel. Then you'll have the option of like 4-6 brands of snow tires.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I went to a local shop, the guy hooked me up with 4 15 inch alloy wheels( clears my brakes by 1/3 of an inch?) and blizzaks for 600 plus tax...... my cars like a tank now.

Heres the pics!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just didn't want to do alloy for snow time tho. Just prefer steel. And I think black steel on black paint looks good

Nice though. Glad to see at least someone else cares. I love it when I tell people why my wheels are now black, and they look at me kinda funny and say something along the lines of "I do have snow tires.. I have all seasons." lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.