Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im not afraid to say that i got my a$$ handed to me by an integra. i was driveing down the local cruise strip in my town minding my own buisness when a black integra pulled out beside me. i wasnt doing anything to provoke a race but if he wanted to i wasnt going to turn him down. now to look at it you would see that its lowered and has an exhaust. well when he finally made the first move i happily got beside him and slowed the pace down for a 1st gear roll. well we took off and the next thing i know he was pulling from me like i was only half throttle. it was a fare race. the reason im telling this story is bc i thought it was funny what he told me when i asked him what all he had done to the car. he looked at me while shrugging his shoulders and said "nothing really. i just have an intake, full exhaust, 3 angle valve job, ported and polished, decked". he said a couple of other things but i couldnt make it out over his extremely loud exhaust. i got a kick out of the fact that he said he has all of that but refered to it as not much.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hehe..good death.. well thats IS not much in the honda world. there are so many harcore tuners with hondas that basic bolt ons mean nothing. cams and such, valve adjustments, all are quite common. i guess to him its nothing. i mean, the motor has been out quite awhile now. for us guys.. we can only dream about that much aftermarket for now.

i bet his redline is like 10k. those cars lack low end torque but they are some serious top end monsters.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Aug 24 2005, 05:57 AM
At least you had fun right?
lol.does anyone ever feel ashmed after losing a race?i do sometimes.not gonna lie, but one time i lost to a van.....STOP LAUGHING.......it was fast!!! it was one of those older models like late seventies early 80's.anyway, i didnt eat for a week. and even when i was able to drive again, i found a detour lolol

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
A lot of V8's will kick our little 4 cylinder around. Even if they are in a van or SUV. They can keep their V8s though. I'll laugh all the way from the gas station to the bank.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u have to watch it with some vans. at the local drag strip there is an older astro van that runs. its rear wheel drive with a 4 link coil over suspension and a 350 small block under the hood that isnt stock. the guy runs it with full interior. all the back seats and panels. and he runs low 13's. you also have to look out for the old dodge caravans that came factory turbo. ive seen videos online of those things running 14's and 13's. just one piece of advise, if you decide to race anything that was made in the 80's make surew you know what it is bc you might be made to look like an idiot...lol. when it comes to if i want a supercharger or not now im not sure if im going to boost it or not. if i do it will probably be a turbo kit. the snow can get nasty where im from so i would need something i can easily adjust the boost on. but thats in the future.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by greddytc05@Aug 24 2005, 11:44 AM
just one piece of advise, if you decide to race anything that was made in the 80's make surew you know what it is bc you might be made to look like an idiot...lol.
i learned this the hard way unfortunately...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.