Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing the ads for these SMS subs. Only 3 inches deep for a 12" sub. I dont see a magnet on them and I dont know if they work but I thought that they would be cool for a slick install. BY THE WAY please dont down them because your company doesnt make them Im looking for the truth. anyone that has actually heard them or has one please.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I believe your referring to the SWS line from Earthquake (not SMS). I've heard them and they do sound pretty good. They work quite well in situations where depth is an issue. However, they don't handle very much power and will bottom out if you demand too much of them (not a slam, just a fact that I have personally witnessed). Great for a low to mid powered system. though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats the ones. Thank you for the info. I looked at a set but with that shallow mount I didnt think they would do much. When I first started the box I built I wanted it to fit under the stock floor cover and still have the spare. It didnt work though. With the new box it doesnt matter I get 5" of depth anyway. I was thinking of mounting a set of tens and putting them behind that back panel. I know that low wave frequencies are so far apart there not really directional but I dont know if it would sound right with a sub behind that panel.( rattle and such)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.