Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys here is some pics of my car i just painted my tail lights, I did three light coats, damn sorry for the huge pics, didnt know they were that big.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, and it only cost me 12 bucks for the can!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
2568 x 1956 pixels... That's 4x the size of my screen and I don't have a small screen, either.

Good job. Are they matte? Might want to add some clearcoat to make the tails a bit more glossy...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i think its not really matte, but it is a lil bit, It was pretty glossy just when i put the black on, then once I put the clear coat on is when it became more matte, I dont know why though?!?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no its not a matte clear coat, but its possible that the paint wasnt dry, but I dont think thats the problem, becauase I was pretty sure that it was dry before I put the clearcoat on. Is there a clear coat I can put on that is more glossy? But its a bitch to get out the lights, you gotta take the whole freakin bumper off!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by kazer111@Jan 18 2006, 05:39 PM
But its a bitch to get out the lights, you gotta take the whole freakin bumper off!
The first time doing something is usually the most difficult. Mostly discovering things that you didn't even know were there and what not. But since you already removed the bumper once before, the 2nd attempt should take you 10 mins.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya your probably right, but as far as the clear coat goes i just bought regular clear coat nuthin special, is there a glossy kind or something that I should get?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.