Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its pretty stupid to ask.. but i was wondering if it was possible to put 16s on the tc and have some really tall tires. would the car ride too low, especially on a 2inch drop? i know they would look small as hell but i just wanted to know if they would fit. i'm looking at this from a performance standpoint thats why.. heh.. wanna see how light we can go.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Of course, but you'll have to calculate the over all height of the new setup to be the same or as close to the old one in order to retain the original speedometer reading.

From my calculation, you can put something like these on: 205/60 R16 or 225/55 R16

The original set has 20.8" height and so do these two above (approximately).

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You might lose a few pounds but you're larger tires will make up the difference and it will still be heavy. Also now your side walls are higher and your steering response has gone way down. You will not gain any performance this way. Instead go with a wider tire like a 245 and you will have more traction off the line and way more cornering capibiltys.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
does the change in rotational mass have any effects? jus curious.. with the old small blocks v8s i used to play with,wed go as wide as possible

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Always.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.