Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want satillite radio for my car. I know scion has xm from the factory but I already have sirius in my other car. Can you hook up sirius into the 6 disc factory player? Also does any one know how to change the bulbs in the dash. I want the blue ones.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Good luck, and good luck.
The factory deck is hard coded for XM. And only XM.
The bulbs in the dash...someone did it over at scion life..and someone here posted the thread to how they did it. Can you say....be very very careful?

· Registered
2,826 Posts
If you want sirius, yes. Although....maybe you can wire it into the aux and control it with the sirius unit? I don't know 'bout that one. Let me check the old threads.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Found this in an old thread :::

"ive got sirius in my car. i bought a plug and play tuner and run it through an fm modulator. i love sirius. it gives me new music and i dont have cds all over the place in my car! the only thing i dont like is the fm modulator gives some static every once in a while, but nothing i cant live with. "

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Found this too....
"Got a Sirius satellite radio system a couple of weeks ago. Works nicely, but on a trip to Charlotte, noted that several of the "dead" zones on the FM modulator came to life and made listening rather difficult!

So I picked up the PIE TOY03-AUX audio converter. Put it in, installed the RCA plugs to the Sirius holder, and now I get direct satellite feed with no worries of other FM stations horning in on the sound!

The center console came out with a snap, and once I figured it out, it went all back in rather quickly. I love the fact that this car is so easy to work on and that the single CD/MP3 player took the adaptor!

A quick hint. The wiring schematic in the PIE box, well ignore it. My head unit has four square-connector ports. Two are used up. The inside empty one is where this plugs in. The other connector of the audio converter just lays there -- nothing to hook up to it.

Thanks to Toyota for making the mod so simple. Thanks to ricoo25 for mentioning the PIE part and website, and thanks to basilisk4 for telling me the wiring was OK!

Cheers!"

· Registered
233 Posts
I don't think the six disk has an Aux input so you will need to go RF. Scion is supposed to be offering Sirius in 2005, not sure when though.
I have Sirius connected through the Aux input with the PIE adaptor.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by St0neY_Bol0gnA@Feb 22 2005, 02:06 AM
I will find a way around that... I'll keep ya posted as to what loopholes I can find.
No, you really won't. Scionholic is dead-on.

· Registered
11 Posts
question about this pie adaptor...espc. with the new 06. Can you bring in an aux from a plug and play sirus adaptor, and still plug in an mp3 player? Or do the plug and plays have a line out, that you could switch between the mp3 player and sirius plug and play?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.