Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got my tc yesterday and I didnt order the sirius sattellite or pay for it but the guy at Longo toyota was showing me the car and said that it didnt have the receiver in it and he was sorry and that he would get it installed for me when I make an appointment, and also said that it comes with 9 months free, but that he would give me 1 year because he forgot to install it. I didnt think that they came with this, am I wrong or what? Im gonna call him and schedule an appointment for this thursday!

· Registered
664 Posts
no it does not come standard on the tC at all.. it is a dealer installed accessory.. will run you like $300-500 depending on what the dealer is charging for it.. you'd be better off getting a do it yourself system and plug it into the aux in connector in the armrest, power from the outlet in the armrest, all you have to do is run the antenna (no big deal).. you can get a nice system that YOU can plug in for like $100-150 at crutchfield.. here's the page from crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zpFsNXzYson/c...CSIRIUS#see_all

also.. this is the one i personally like

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zpFsNXzYson/c...50&I=113KTCH2EC

i wouldn't waste your money paying the dealer for that.. it's way overpriced..

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no u didnt understand me he is giving it to me, and I didnt even pay for it thats what I am asking, but I guess I got my ? answered because it is not supposed to come with the car and I did not pay for it but he is giving it to me!

· Registered
664 Posts
the dealer is just just giving you something for FREE? yeah i guess i didn't understand.. that's amazing that they are just giving you it for free.. i'd get it in writing if that's really the truth, you have a rare dealership..

· Registered
4 Posts

I have some questions, that hopefully someone can help me with regarding the radio. Do you have the option of getting XM or Sirius and if you get it installed from the dealer (which i did) do they give you so many months free of service?

Also, I have the ipod/Mp3 option also but do I have to use an "ipod" only or can I use a different brand of mp3 like a Creative mp3?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

· Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by jrsracergirl8@Nov 2 2005, 05:34 AM

I have some questions, that hopefully someone can help me with regarding the radio. Do you have the option of getting XM or Sirius and if you get it installed from the dealer (which i did) do they give you so many months free of service?

Also, I have the ipod/Mp3 option also but do I have to use an "ipod" only or can I use a different brand of mp3 like a Creative mp3?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

well as far as free service, i don't know what specials they're running.. moriarty would know that one.. he will probably read this and comment on what he knows..

You can get either XM or Sirius installed by the dealer through a tuner kit that they have.. it plugs directly into the radio and everything is controlled through the radio..

for me i'd rather save all that money that the dealer is charging and just buy an aftermarket "plug n play" kit.. sure it's not going to have the information put through the radio but for $300-400 less, i think i could survive.. lol (just to save the money)..

The radio with the iPod radio feature will control an iPod (once connected to the iPod jack in the arm rest).. This will control the iPod directly through the radio itself.. But then there is the aux input which is separate from the iPod connector/feature. both the iPod radio and the regular one have an aux input that allows you to input anything that connect via a 1/8" (aka 3.5mm or minijack) stereo plug.. just need a patch cord on 1/8" male on both ends.. plug one side into the headphone jack of anything (mp3 player, walkman, discman.. etc) and select AUX on the radio.. so yes anything will work in the AUX input.. it's just an audio input..

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys I am AT my dealership right now. They are installing my sirius radio as we speak, the guy said it should take about 2 hours. And i checked my paperwork and everything and I was not charged for it, I Love Longo Toyota!

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got it installed it took 2 and a half freakin hours! So i got into my car to listen to it and I noticed that some of the stations, especially the ones i wanted to listen to were missing, like sum hip hop stations and howard stern! So i thought they had blocked it or something somehow. So i went back and asked the guy why this is and he said that it takes about 4-5 hours while the radio is on and the channels will start coming in. So I left and they havent come in yet, but it has only been about an hour or two. So my question is: Is it possible for them to block those channels for sum reason because maybe its mature or something, and do you think the guy was telling the truth?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody. I'm a new member and a new owner of a tc. Just got it Tuesday night and then I got layed off from work hte very next day. LOL. I also got Serius installed for free and 9 months. I think there's 2 or 3 dealers here in SoCal that are offering that. I got mine at Scion of Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County). As far as the CENSORSHIP of the stations its because the default installation sets it to a "family safe mode". You have to contact serius and tell them that you want "standard" and you should be good.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah guys i just called sirius and fixed the problem, thanks alot guys!!!

· Registered
97 Posts
I bought my tC a week ago and the dealer told me they automatically install Sirius to all Scions at no cost. Mine was installed when I picked up my car! Pretty good deal!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.