Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am thinking about getting Silver window tint all the way around on my Silver Streak Mica tC. Does anyone have any pictures of a tC with this kind of tint?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Tacky. Colored tint is about as ricer as you can get IMO. Silver would look like your car is like a space shuttle with heat shielded windows or something. *shrugs.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It will depend on how silver the tint is. I have chrome tint on both my tCs and I think it looks really good, especially the blue tint on the IIP. Most people who have seen it think it looks good too. Definitely NOT rice at all.

FWIW, while I was getting my car done there was a green Chevy Caprice getting a light green tint. It really looked great. Hardly rice.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
One of the interesting plusses with the blue tint, everyone behind me at night seems to have HIDs.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Personal opinion: Tint should never be anything other than some shade of black.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 27 2005, 07:43 AM
Personal opinion: Tint should never be anything other than some shade of black.
Black absorbs more heat than any other color. Isn't the point of tint to help keep the heat down in the car? Half the reason I went with blue and charcoal with the light chrome was to combat the sun during our wonderful 105 degree summer days.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 27 2005, 06:47 PM
Black absorbs more heat than any other color. Isn't the point of tint to help keep the heat down in the car? Half the reason I went with blue and charcoal with the light chrome was to combat the sun during our wonderful 105 degree summer days.
Heat absorption/reflection is at best only one of the reasons most people get their windows tinted...besides, if the window film is absorbing the heat, then it's doing its job.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No, it isn't doing its job if it absorbs heat. It should REFLECT infrared frequencies, that's why black sucks and chrome rules for heat control.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Why do I care if my window is hot? It keeps my black interior from absorbing the heat, which would happen otherwise.

Black sucks and chrome rules for looking ghetto fabulous, though.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Your saying my car looks ghetto fabulous? Maybe you haven't seen the pics.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 27 2005, 06:38 PM
Hey, we don't all have to like the same things.
True enough, but I seriously doubt my car looks ghetto fabulous. That's a pretty harsh statement.

Pics are here.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Well, I'm missing the curb feelers, wide whites, and 20" spinnaz, along with a color that could be mistaken for a rolling bawdy house. Kinda short in the ghetto fabulous department.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Hey, I didn't exactly say your car was ghetto fabulous...I just meant that I think that chrome can be. Add those 20" chrome spinners, though, and I reserve the right to change my mind about your car.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Man, I need Wolo to do me a photochop!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.