Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was traveling and minding my own business on a 2 lane high way, and near an intersection a 1999 white infinity G20 pulled out and hit me. Damage donewas paint scrapes to driver door, side skirt, rear quarter panel (pushed in) rear bumper and rim. It's in the shop now. Good thing i slow down when approaching intersections, could have been a lot worse! Will post a pic later. All in all, people need to look when they merge lanes!

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

damage runs all the way to the back bumper (not seen in these photos)
The other driver had the nerve to yell at me not to call the cops. Needless to say, I did.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea just wish it didn't happen so soon to a road trip. Driving up to Niagra falls (canada side) this sunday with my girlfriend. Was really looking forward to first real road trip with the tC. Kinda bummed me out.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks hydra; ill be making sure she's like new again! Suggestions for the paint? Im thinking I'll wax it before summer ends.. I won't do clay bar and what not (which i wanted grr)

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Damn dude. WTF is wrong with people nowadays. I hate seeing 5.0's get beat up. Broke my heart when I lost mine. =(

Like Hydra said, at least you're okay. What was the overall damage estimate?

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drew, as of right now, I don't know the estimate at this time. Supposedly going through the other person's insurance. But I may go through mine, and just get reimbursed if it takes too long. And thanks Eastie! You guys are right, at least I walked out of it without a scratch to me, and I have the car to thank because of it too. Will post updates as I get them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drew, as of right now, I don't know the estimate at this time. Supposedly going through the other person's insurance. But I may go through mine, and just get reimbursed if it takes too long. And thanks Eastie! You guys are right, at least I walked out of it without a scratch to me, and I have the car to thank because of it too. Will post updates as I get them.
Be sure you check with your insurance company before you go through them. I was rear ended in my wife's Pilot last year, and they advised me that if I went through my insurance, I'd be responsible for the $500 deductible, so it was worth going through the other guy's company.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just talked to the other insurance company. They said that If i go through my insurance, that they WOULD reimburse. So, for time's sake I'll probably go through mine.. It's been a week already. Goddam it! And Silver, thanks; I've been in NJ all my life

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So other driver's insurance company agrees their driver is 100% at fault, and will pay for damages. 2k worth of damages... should be getting her back sometime next week!

·
Registered
604 Posts
So other driver's insurance company agrees their driver is 100% at fault, and will pay for damages. 2k worth of damages... should be getting her back sometime next week!
doesn't your neck hurt too?!

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
When I got in my accident, my neck and back started (legitly) killing me the next day. I had to leave work, turn in my gun, and go to the hospital and they gave me like, insane amount of meds that I couldn't have my gun while I was on them. So I was useless at work. For that, even though Im Military, her insurance company paid me an extra 2k on top of totalling out my loan for the 5.0, and laying down a good downpayment on the Subaru.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn, i was lucky enough not suffer any injuries. My neck was a little sore the next day, idk if it was related, but I'm 100% healthy! Just really wanted to detail her this summer and really get her back to looking new. A waxing will have to suffice..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts