Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at a bar last nite and someone had hit my rearview mirror. They knocked off the casing and knocked the whole mirror out of place, like its sorta detached from the car. I only found this out this morning so i my casing is still at the bar. I called a dealership and they said that if the rearview had come off the body slightly, that means somethings broken and they need to replace the whole mirror, which will cost $200, plus $80 for labor, plus tax. anyone know if its possible to just push the mirror back, cause i seriosly dont wanna pay $300 for a rearview.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You may have bent the sheet metal up on the door. Pull off the plastic on the inside and remove the 3 nuts and inspect the sheet metal there. If it's bent, then that's why it's up.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I can get you a mirror for $150 + shipping, and you can install it with 10mm socket in about 10 minutes yourself. I think I might even find a service manual PDF sheet for it if you want to try. It's not rocket science, trust me.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm kinda interested in a service manual if you happen to have a link. All the ones in that old thread where it was discussed are dead now...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the offer zolits, but i already went to the dealership and got it for $200. I went back to the parkin lot to search for the casing but it was gone. so i went to the dealership and asked if they can order the casing, but they only sell the whole rearview mirror. the service guy told me i could do it myself. i just got to remove the door panel and that plastic cap. i saw the guy who did my tint remove the door panel so i think it shouldnt be hard.
i had an overlay on the light. would it be possible to remove the light casing and place it in the new rearview? i dont want to have to buy another set of overlays, even tho there cheap.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I'd say it's possible. I haven't done it, and it might be trickier than the mirror install itself, but in this case - it's not "impossible".

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hmm... makes me think. My Fiance cracked my passenger side mirror turning signal lense when pulling my car into the garage. Its not bad, and its not like its gunna fall apart, but it is cracked and it bothers me. Does anyone know if I can just get the lense or do I have to buy the whole mirror? If I do that would suck. I was thinking about just getting the overlays so it couldn't be seen anymore.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would think if they couldnt offer me just the casing, i would think they wouldnt offer the lens. They only sell the whole thing as one unit.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You shouldn't have to remove the door panel to access the mirror bolts. Just the little plastic cap on the interior. Then it's the 3 10mm nuts and the connector plug to it. It will take you no more than 10 minutes to do the whole job.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@May 1 2005, 12:33 AM
Hmm... makes me think.  My Fiance cracked my passenger side mirror turning signal lense when pulling my car into the garage.  Its not bad, and its not like its gunna fall apart, but it is cracked and it bothers me.  Does anyone know if I can just get the lense or do I have to buy the whole mirror?  If I do that would suck.  I was thinking about just getting the overlays so it couldn't be seen anymore.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...odel=Scion%20tc

Try a search at this site for the turn signal lense. I have not dealt with them but they do llist just the lense. If they have it or not..or can get just it...worth a try.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the dealership service guy told me the connector plug is inside the door panel. i can even see when i took off the cap, the wires run into the door.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got the rearview from the dealership today. u were rite Azrael, i dont have to remove the door panel. anybody know how to remove the lens? i had it smoke and i dont want to have to redo it for this rearview?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo+May 1 2005, 04:58 PM-->QUOTE (Geneo @ May 1 2005, 04:58 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-FrostbytetC
@May 1 2005, 12:33 AM
Hmm... makes me think.  My Fiance cracked my passenger side mirror turning signal lense when pulling my car into the garage.  Its not bad, and its not like its gunna fall apart, but it is cracked and it bothers me.  Does anyone know if I can just get the lense or do I have to buy the whole mirror?  If I do that would suck.  I was thinking about just getting the overlays so it couldn't be seen anymore.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...odel=Scion%20tc

Try a search at this site for the turn signal lense. I have not dealt with them but they do llist just the lense. If they have it or not..or can get just it...worth a try. [/b]
Hey man, thanks for the INFO. Haven't looked yet, but i'll give it a shot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.