Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my custom box. I know that its not up to the par of the one you built Alpman but Im not in the business and I only had two days to build and install my entire system. Its a MB Quart 12 and a kenwood amp( bought it so long ago that I dont remember what model or how many watts. The left foam box is still there and holds all the spare tire tools. the spare is also there. I had to make it in two peices so I could remove it. Also installed a sony cd player. The next step will be Polk Momo 6.5" all around. Componets int the front and singles in rear, along with a polk 400/4 amp. I already wired for multiple amps I just need more money or a new job or something.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call Alpman. When you decide to try it are you going to use a fiberglass bottom or all wood. I used all wood and it was a biatch. I had to cut about 50 little pieces to match all the angles in the trunk but, it came out ok. Oh yeah I actually sat down and did the math the box is about 1.6 cubic feet afterall not 1.2. Its enough to fit two tens if it was done right. The top of my box is a little messed up. it doesnt quite fit right (about an inch off). But like I said I did it in a day so Im happy. and Im going to change it and redo everything this summer when I have time and money to by dual amps and new speakers all around. I like to hear the music and feel the bass because I listen to mostly heavy metal and blues. I used a sealed enclosure and the gain is turned down so the speaker moves fast enough not to clip. I learned alot from all your posts. It helped me with this install. I hope that your box gets off and running. If it does are you going to do one for the other side. I dont know about the wave angles firing into each other but a twin system would be cool.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to drop a line and tell you Im lazy and dont want to double post my pics. I posted pics of the box out of its hole. Look under member pics in my silver streaked baby (can you spot the $3g's damage.) There on the second page. Hope you guys like and it gives you ideas. Sorry that theres no build pics but my camera was in storage. I had to dig it out to take these.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.