Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I just stop waving to other tCs or not? I've had my tC for about 10 months now and I always make an effort to wave because I still am that enthusiastic about the tC. But nobody gives a dam about it except for a FEW guys several months ago(NO girls ever wave back), and now, even the guys don't care. Has it gotten to the point where the tC has become like a Honda Accord or something? So common that ppl just buys it because it's just another car, and not because it's a tC?
I don't want to be disappointed, but those girls I saw on saturday nite made me feel quite hopeless.

And to be clear, I am always the one that initiate the wave. why? cause i'm a girl and unless i wave, no one ever cares. it would be nice if i get a wave first. i think unless i get a wave first, i might just give up waving all together.
*sniff* I am sad to have to feel this way...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Psssht, I still wave at other tC's... sometimes I'll go out of my way to follow up behind em and get their attention. Oddly enough people in other cars wave at me more than fellow tC's.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I try to wave at other tC's. Problem is that everybody seems to get their windows tinted real dark, and I have mine tinted, so nobody can really see into my car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I dont think that works with any four wheeled vehicle, you may get a few if you are the one to make the first wave...I have a motorcycle and everyday that I ride it I get a wave or a peace sign...only works for two wheeled vehicles....its like a known thing for bikers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I should put on my yoursciontc.com stickers so you guys will be able to recognize and perhaps wave? I haven't put them on yet cause I don't think I post enough on the forum to do so. It would be cool to actually get to wave to any one of you. PPl on this forum are nice.

The last time that i was able to meet up was at the first norcal run around the bay area, does anyone know if we'll have another one this year?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hahaha, this brings back old memories. I used to drive the '82 vette, the one that was still related to the Sting Ray generation and I waved when ever I saw other vetts even those '84 and up models.

Most of these people waved back.

Then I was driving a Jeep, an '87 Wranger, and to my surprise people wave in this car too !!! I then kept on waving.

Now that I have a tC, will the waving resume ??? So far, I have only seen one tC two days ago and the people inside did not wave at me (I didn't wave at them either). So, for me I guess I'll wave if I was waved at.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by i_heart_tC@Aug 8 2005, 09:29 AM
Maybe I should put on my yoursciontc.com stickers so you guys will be able to recognize and perhaps wave? I haven't put them on yet cause I don't think I post enough on the forum to do so. It would be cool to actually get to wave to any one of you. PPl on this forum are nice.

The last time that i was able to meet up was at the first norcal run around the bay area, does anyone know if we'll have another one this year?
i hear you on this one, but i see that like me you are in the bay area....and from what ive noticed, people around here are shady. There are tC's everywhere around here, so beside the fact that waving at all of them makes u feel like miss america (#### even if you were miss america i think we would get ignored), but like u at first i was enthusiastic, thus waving at everyone who looked at my car for more than a second, but now i just give the respect to those that give it back, and i have had the ystc.com sitckers on my car since i got it ( both sides) so besides a few good people that consistently wave, i think that its a lost cause around here....but hey if i ever see ya, ill wave for sure....lol (ill even pull up real close for a high five) lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
ohh sick story, in columbia (i think, maybe venezuela) there were two bus drivers who tried to give each other a high five, except when there hands hit, they both crashed into each other and everyone on both buses, including the bus drivers, was killed. i cant remember how fast they were going when they did it. also it was a darwin award for extreme stupidity. (one of my friends told me)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by Shark_bite@Aug 8 2005, 02:04 PM
ohh sick story, in columbia (i think, maybe venezuela) there were two bus drivers who tried to give each other a high five, except when there hands hit, they both crashed into each other and everyone on both buses, including the bus drivers, was killed. i cant remember how fast they were going when they did it. also it was a darwin award for extreme stupidity. (one of my friends told me)
^ahhhhhhh ha ha thats rediculous!!!!!

okay so case and point about my earlier post, i just got back from the gym, and on my way home im on the free way cruising, i see a silver streak comin up....hes hangin back in the lane next to me, then he punches it a bit and gets right next to me, i look over and give the head nod (b/c around here u cant put urself out like waving at first glance, ur settin urself up for failure) and he didn't even acknowledged me, i was like wtf mate? we were along side for a few seconds and not even a nod...that jackass....his car looked clean too nice drop tint etc.

bay area-ians are jackasses for the most part

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well then so are most New York females because they NEVER wave back. I've had two guys honk back at me but females? Nah. I've stopped. If I see a tc I look to see what gender the driver is first before bothering to wave or honk. They are mostly females. I've gotten more waves from a guys in XBs than tc's.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I will wave at every scion owner on the road. The thing about people waving is this: Some people really don't car too much about having this car let alone any car at all. it doesn't matter the tc is just a mode of transportation to them. Most dealers don't do anything to help that either. besides they are a paycheck too.

we are the 2%. people who love this car and are WAY too into it. So, really only 2% of the people you wave at should wave back.

I will wave back to you I heart tC.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i too, would wave back to you... but i know how you feel. I usually just wave at the tCs/other scions that are obviously modded or something. I actually went and talked to some girl once because i saw her one day, then the next day i went to a place to get something to eat, saw the car out front and recognized her working in the place. that was about all the tC owner interaction ive had... oh well

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Ha! The ol waving issue... seriously, when I get mine in a few weeks, I'll be a waving, thumbs up, peace sign, head nodding, millitary saluting, hang loose goofball! I live in so cal so it's a total crap shoot who's gonna wave back. My son drives a WRX and those guys wave like crazy! They're all into it. I ride a ZRX1200R and I get wavs all day long, except from the HD guys. They're WAY too cool to wave to a dude on a "Rice Burner" but some still do though. Don't stop waving if a few people aren't into it. It still feels good when you connect on the same level with another true enthusiast.

C ya! *waves*

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh my i totally stop and look at all the tc's that go by i try and wave but only a few are cool enough to wave back...i noticed other people were checking out my car (because it's so hot!) and its because its totally something they really havent seen before...i just took my car down to San Diego with me this past weekend and so many people have tcs down there...i was so excited...i tried to find the owners so i could be a dork and take a picture with them! i think i was the only one hardcore about it...except my friend down there who has an Xb and is all about it....I will totally wave to you if i see you!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi everyone

thanks for making me feel much better about this. i'll put on my ystc.com stickers so you know i'm from this forum
and i'll keep on waving because the next person i wave to might be one of you guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.