1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok forget the RP02's...

I think I found nice ones.

Ssw Trex (Flat Titanium color) - 17x7, 42 Offset

What do you think? Will it look good on a NB? I think the color will be nice.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even if i'm not lowered? How bad do you think it'll be?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Even not lowered. At some point, they'll rub.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't doubt it will rub sometime, but through normal use i should be fine, right? I'm almost like, hovering over the button to order 'em.. lol.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ed's doin the calculations... the tire's will be 1.35mm farther in than his 8.5" wheels that were rubbing.....

He said he had a 2mm groove rubbed into the side of his tire... but his is lowered about 1.5".... and he constantly has passengers.. I don't... So... i'm really not sure on how bad it would be.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woohoo.. new info...

They have them in 17x7.5, 48 offset - $95 each. 225/45R17's will fit perfect, and almost definitely no rubbing! Say hello to my new wheels... i'm calling them in the morning.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmm now you've got me thinking about them. To those who have done a tire width upgrade (Lance, Ed, Marty...) I'm assuming 225's would probably be the best fit for these wheels; would that be much of a difference from stock width, or should I save up and go for wider wheels and 245's?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I don't think you even need to ask me my opinion about wide rims and 245s. If I were you I'd be looking at FN01RCs in a 17 x 8 with a 245/40/17. Light, decent looking, and acceptably wide for 245s.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by EddNog
General rule of thumb: 215 - 7.0"; 225 - 7.5", 235 - 8.0" and 8.5 "- 245

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh@Dec 22 2005, 08:46 PM
Hmm now you've got me thinking about them. To those who have done a tire width upgrade (Lance, Ed, Marty...) I'm assuming 225's would probably be the best fit for these wheels; would that be much of a difference from stock width, or should I save up and go for wider wheels and 245's?
You're in Tucson, AZ; 245 summer tires is the choice to go with.

I'm pondering doing a second set of 8" width wheels of +45 to +50 offset and 245 summer tires for 3/4 of the year and keeping my current set for winter use.

In a situation where the owner has to deal with very cold temperatures and/or snow and doesn't plan to swap wheels & tires for seasons, a set of stock-size, all-season tires is the minimal compromise overall.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
oh I know it would be a drastic difference, and I would just on those FN01RC's if they weren't a little less expensive (the cheapest I found was ~$190). I guess my question is would 225's be the widest I can go on these decent-looking and fairly inexpensive wheels, since the other option for these tires is a 35 offset, which apparently wouldn't work?

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking the thread...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'd save up and get the rims that will run 245s. It's a big difference.

FN01RCs are available at $161 + shipping.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Grr.... The guys at EdgeRacing said that the 17x7.5"s w/ 48 offset would only fit a WRX.... it's pushed too far out. Any idea whether or not they're bs'ing?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.