Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm expecting my car to arrive in about three weeks and I ordered it with no cash down. A dealer that I had called when trying to find the car I wanted just called me and said that they have one coming in next week. I'm wondering if I should just bail out on the dealer I ordered through so I can get the car faster, or should I wait it out? I'd feel kinda bad if I bailed out. I know they're just dealers, but it's just not my style. I WANT A CAR THOUGH!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Don't feel bad for dealers. If one gets you what you want faster, then get what you want.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
I think I would probably bail out on them. I'd feel bad about it too, but hey, if this other dealership can get you want you want then take it. I'm sure the dealership you're waiting on right now will have a taker for the car you ordered in no time. Maybe if you at least tell them what's going on, like EddieMoney said, they might do something special for you. I don't blame you for not wanting to wait. I had to wait three weeks and it was pure torture!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Wait till they have the car ON THE LOT, then go and buy it. When you are done with the paperwork - call the other dealer that you already bought the car and thank them for their effort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Aug 12 2005, 02:08 PM
Wait till they have the car ON THE LOT, then go and buy it. When you are done with the paperwork - call the other dealer that you already bought the car and thank them for their effort.
I was about to edit that in my post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Yeah, don't shoot yourself in the foot by telling the dealer to cancel your order then have the other dealer cancel on you, becuase you would probably have to start waiting all over again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone is making some really good points. I talked to the dealer that has one coming in and he knew what I was looking for. He said the car is a 5spd in Nautical Blue but other than that, he's not sure what upgrades are on it and won't know until it arrives. I ordered pretty much everything and I doubt it will be fully loaded. We'll see what happens. I'm prepared to take it if it's what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,507 Posts
Most of the stuff is added at the dealership anyway, so if it doesn't have everything you want, they can add it. But, like Zoltiz said, wait until they have it on the lot and you can drive it away before killing the other deal. If you really want to be faithful to the dealership you placed the first order at, see if they can do a swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Originally posted by clandestine@Aug 12 2005, 06:14 PM
if you bail theyll have someone elses name on it by the end of the day...dont feel bad
that is definetly true, there were 3 other dealers who wanted to trade for my car, but it was already sold (to me!) to be honest, i wouldn't bail, but i suppose, that it is up to you.

Edit: btw, ive been told im the nicest guy alive, so i might just be a loser. you should be able to get the car from the new dealer, but check if the dealership has a better deal. my dealer for example had a free tire for life deal. (of course that was on every car except the tc, since they are z rated tires, but you get the idea.)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top