Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you, but there is way to much throw in shifting through the gears. I saw on another web site they have aftermarket short shift rod with 35% less throw and 3" lower than stock. I really am considering getting one. Does any one have one installed and how does it match up compared to stock. If no one has one do you think the throw is a bit much?.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
There are a few poople on the site that have them installed and love them. I've driven a tC with the short throw installed and I haven't made my mind up about it yet. The stock shifter is so smooth, it felt a little weird going to the "notchy" and much tighter short shifter. I almost felt like I was forcing the car into a gear that wasn't there, but I imagine once I got used to it, I would love the shorter throw and quicker shifts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the smoothness things is for real. I've driven some beaters were you gotta grind'em to find'em. But yeah, the delay time through shifts to me is toooooo long. grrrrrr 1 2 3 grrrrrrrrr. it should be ggrrrrr 1 bark! grrrrrrr. lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
I got the Short shifter about two weeks ago? The install is fairly easy, except for one part where you have to pry off a metal ring.....that got me pissed. The end result is great. The throw is VERY short, and it just makes the car feel sportier i think. After a couple weeks, i dont even remember how the old one was, just know that I love the new one, would absolutly recommend it!!
-Greg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you go for yours and how much. I've seen a few different manufactures. I would like to get one that you can still use the GBX shift knobs.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, sure. i am installing a springs/shocks/sway on sunday for one of the members here, feel free to stop by and have a beer. you can take my car out anytime i am not using it, wolo. you know that.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ weve got our fingers in something bigger right now, and it takes up my free time to organize. i wont push for another lap until spring when the weather is clear and holding.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 9 2004, 04:38 PM
yeah, sure. i am installing a springs/shocks/sway on sunday for one of the members here, feel free to stop by and have a beer. you can take my car out anytime i am not using it, wolo. you know that.
Will there be any discipline involved?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Dec 9 2004, 03:54 PM
^^ And that trip will involve the 36.
the 36 is a bastard. i am ready - push those suspension upgrades to the maximum.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.