Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I might go about shortening the factory shiftter? I bought a MOMO knob which some of you have might seen my post about. Well, the knob sits about 2 inches above the leather. This obviously exposes the actual shifter and doesnt look so hot. Im currently still using the factory knob because of this.

Anyways, I figure that some sort of saw might work, but its nothing that I have on hand. Im trying to figure out the cheapest way I can go about doing this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, actually here we go:
1. The cheapest would be to sell the knob and leave the stock one on.
2. Second cheapest is to cut the stock shifter and re-thread the leftovers.
3. Third option pricewise is to sell the knob and buy a twm shortshifter - this will actually make a difference in how the car feels.
4. And the fourth option is of course keep the knob and buy the shortshifter. It will solve your boot problems, but will still leave the shifter sticking out like a sore thumb. Throws will be shorter, though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i cut mine with a regular hack saw...stuck a garbage back over everything to catch the metal, but hacked off bout an inch and a half than used a die to pu the threads back on. i love it, turned out good, and didnt cost me a dime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.