Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on tCTunerz.com, and was wondering if anybody's tried it.

http://www.tctunerz.com/store/scion-short-antenna-p-77.html

If anybody has successfully installed, I'd like to know how it's installed, and whether radio reception was affected. I'd also appreciate ur opinions regarding the way it looks.

Peace

·
Registered
255 Posts
I prefer the short antenna to the long factory one. But I'm not sold on the color of this particular one (silver right?). I haven't switched out the factory antenna because I too am concerned about reception (feedback from others would be greatly appreciated). If I do though, I'll probably opt for the Honda s2000 antenna, a common selection of those who have done this mod. It's also very similar in price.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
S2K antenna fits perfect on the tC and you can find it for around $15

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the tctunerz one is silver, I think it's just the flash. But anyway, who has installed the S2k antenna? I just needed some feedback about how hard it is to install and if reception was affected...

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
With real honda s2k you don't lose nothin'. If you get a knockoff "billett tt/s2k style" antenna - say bye bye to AM and half of FM.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By a real s2k antenna, do you mean one straight from their dealership? I'd appreciate it if someone can get me a link to one, cuz I'm not sure if the ones i'm googling are real or knock-offs.

But if it's as simple as Eric put it, and it's just an unscrew-screw job, that would be sweet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks, so much for the link and recommendation, Zoltiz!

I've ordered it for $19.79 and should get it in 3-5 days. I'll let ya'll know about the reception, since I live in a relatively small town.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I have an s2k antenna myself - listen to both AM and FM every once in a while. But only once in a while cause XM is more fun.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by Beantowntc@Feb 14 2005, 03:34 PM
hey zoltiz what % is you tint?
Llumar 15% all around.

P.S. The car is black - it only looks like FM when it hasn't been washed for over a month

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.