Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is gonna buy a 2011 Scion TC 6 speed manual. It has problems where shifting into 3rd gear will cause it to get stuck and wont shift out of it, and 4th gear just doesn't work. We're trying to rule out problems weather it be the whole transmission, a shift fork, the cable linkages, or buying cable link bushings that everyone is talking about. My question is why did someone find the need to make the aftermarket bushings to install on the cable linkage. Any help would be amazing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The EB-60 transmission in these cars are junk. I just replaced the 2 input shaft bearings (in my daughters car...2014 Tc), because they've been going bad for over a year now. If your G/F "really" likes the car, be prepared for a few thousand dollar in repairs to make the tranny serviceable. I hate bad mouthing stick shifts, cause I love them. But these trannys have a poor history. Look into it B4 buying.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,066 Posts
My girlfriend is gonna buy a 2011 Scion TC 6 speed manual. It has problems where shifting into 3rd gear will cause it to get stuck and wont shift out of it, and 4th gear just doesn't work. We're trying to rule out problems weather it be the whole transmission, a shift fork, the cable linkages, or buying cable link bushings that everyone is talking about. My question is why did someone find the need to make the aftermarket bushings to install on the cable linkage. Any help would be amazing!
The aftermarket cable linkage bushings go back to the early tC's. They simply made the shifts a bit more crisp. I have a set I bought from doctorisotope back in the day that are made of delrin. I still have my tC but spend way more car geeking time on the s2000 so have not kept up with the later model tC's but based upon that part you are asking about, that is likely the same as the 1st gen tC. They did make the shifts feel more crisp on mine. If the rubber was totally gone out of the shift cable bushings it could cause some issues shifting but it could very well be internal to the transmission. Hard to say without seeing it and working on it. Does it shift normally when the car is not running and only do this when running, or is it the same either way?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts