Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i drive an auto 05 sw tc. i was just wondering where i can get a longer shift knob to replace or maybe screw on in place of the stock shifter kinda like the older cars with the 3 feet shifters. i mean it doesnt have to be 3 feet, but longer than the stock. ive looked all over the internet, but the screw ons are just somewhat the same height as the stock shifter. the longer the shifter is, the more torque there is which equals easier to shift. thats just my preference. if any one can point out to the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
the longer the shifter is, the more torque there is which equals easier to shift.[/b]
more leverage you mean?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya. more leverage. i just wanted to see if anyone has done this, because mostly everyone has the short shifters for this manual tCs. i was just curious if anyone has considered this even tho it might be frustrating because the stick is too long

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller+Nov 8 2005, 08:52 PM-->QUOTE (vtecKiller @ Nov 8 2005, 08:52 PM)
y u want this to b so long?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-japorm
@Posted on Nov 8 2005, 07:40 PM
ya. more leverage.
hes basically having issues with not enough leverage to easily get the shifter out of park and into drive when he turns it on... i know what he is going through since i test drove an auto tC (it was the only one the dealer had) and noticed that putting it into drive took more elbow grease than i was expecting... im sure a lot of the girls who have auto tCs might be thinking the same thing in the back of their minds...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Either start working out, shoulders, bicepts, tricepts, maybe a little bit of fore arms, lats. traps, and pectoral muscles to make this easier (also work on your grip VERY IMPORTANT)..or go buy the OBX speed star mesh leather wrapped shift knob . Its freakishly long. I would rest my wrist on it while chaing stations before I got my shortshifter/ new knob. I'm actually selling mine.
PM if you are interested. I'll measure it for you. Its freaking long. it is about 4 -5 inches long and the thread isnt that deep, so stands pretty high. its probably 2 inches higher then the stock shifter. Okay. PM me or work out you girl.
jk all in fun...*****

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just ordered a 2006 Hyundai Sonata leather shift knob for my tc. My pops has the car and for kicks I tried it on my BCP. Fits great and is longer than stock. Oh did i mention it's leather wrapped. I will post a pic when i get it.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
LoL I gaurentee you that the OBX leather wraped speed mesh star is longer than that. It went all the way up to the bottom of my radio. Though I have a manual, not sure if that is higher or not, but I've driven Auto's and they are about the same.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
hey guys. i drive an auto 05 sw tc. i was just wondering where i can get a longer shift knob to replace or maybe screw on in place of the stock shifter[/b]
I didn't want it to be longer. I wanted it bigger[/b]
mmhmm..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.