Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an auto but I really want to get one of the OBX shifters from McGeorge. I was wondering if anyone had some good pictures of the shifter installed on an auto. I know its late but Im trying to order parts tonight so please try to reply as soon as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
do you really like the OBX shifters? i only got one cuz it came with the car, if you just want a shifter you might want to go with like a MOMO or somethig, id give you a picture but my cam is dead >.<, im sure if you search on clubsciontc.com you can go to gallery and im sure they have something

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where would i go to purchase a momo shifter and will it work on the auto??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the momo shifters really seem way too pricey just for a shifter $70 is the cheapest one i found o well, the mesh looks very nice on the auto, guess its time for me to pick one up too haha

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Just be careful its gonna be very hot if your car sits under the sun. I am probably gonna get a momo one myself... Regarding the pedals... I need to find something that is not so slippery... I wear heels M-F and am afraid of my feet slipping off.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
HEY!! I want that shifter, dammit!!
I'm already paying like, 76 + 5 for shipping for it. What do you think about it, imasaf? I know you also wanted a momo shifter. Depending on how the ebrake is constucted, I might also momo it as well. Can you do me a favor and post a pic of the ebrake?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I like it... its really nice.
I just want something that was more unique... or different in mine... but I have heard that people like to steal these... cause they know its expensive... Hmm....

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'd SERIOUSLY hate for someone to break into my car just to take my shift knob....

In any case, I'm thinking about getting a shift knob just because the stock black one probably won't stay black for long....

(Even though I wash my hands after putting on my makeup in the morning I have a bad habit about touching my face, and the makeup gets on the shifter now and then and it's not the easiest stuff to clean off....SO I'm thinking the silver metal knob might be a little easier to keep shiny and new looking....)

:Sigh:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^ I agree with you on that one, and for about the same money you can get a cool momo one, and thats what I'm doing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read somewhere the TRD shifter is nice but the TRD logo is just a sticker that can easily fall off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I too would go with the MOMO shifter. Much sportier looking.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm probably going to get the "Classic Leather" one from Scion, at least if that's the one I think it is (the one with black leather and mesh and not shaped like a ball).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was seriously considering getting the classic leather or trd knob, but the auto's bar is a metal/chrome look so I decided that the metal knobs would look more fitting, while on the 5 speed the leather knobs would be better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Aug 18 2004, 10:00 AM
HEY!! I want that shifter, dammit!! 
I'm already paying like, 76 + 5 for shipping for it.  What do you think about it, imasaf? I know you also wanted a momo shifter. Depending on how the ebrake is constucted, I might also momo it as well. Can you do me a favor and post a pic of the ebrake?
here you go

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ooh! Thanks for the pic! I guess I'm not gonna be changing the ebrake to momo b/c it's one solid piece. Sometimes they come similar to the shifter, with a leather boot and all, and that's what I was hoping for. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to my knob.

Thanks again for taking the time, nae02etc, I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts