Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to seem like a stupid irrelevant post, and I know no one can really tell me what to do, but I've been actively (ok, compulsively) reading this forum for a few weeks now.

I ordered my tC last weekend. I wanted a NB. The dealer called me and said that there was no way I'd be able to get a NB by the end of the month, and gave me three choices of what I could get. (BCP, FM, or the silver)

FM isn't bad, but it isn't exactly what I want. He said it would be at least 6 weeks till I could get a NB.

Now, specific colors aside, would you settle for a nice color that isn't exactly what you want to get the car now, or would you wait however long to be 'perfect'.

I'm a new driver and am eager to start driving, but I could probably wait a bit if I had to.

What would you guys do?

· Registered
11,890 Posts
For me there was a long wait no matter what... so I went with what was shortest the SSM. Still waited 2+ months.

· Registered
452 Posts
IMO if I was going to spend 17k + on a brand new car, I would want it to be perfect so I had no regrets. I would wait but thats just me... I think you should get what you really want. 6 weeks is a long time but I think you will be glad that you waited...

· Registered
4,327 Posts
I actually wanted the BSP and FM as my first choices but since I eager also I just went with what was available which was the SSM.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by xenotrim@Aug 18 2005, 06:04 PM
Now, specific colors aside, would you settle for a nice color that isn't exactly what you want to get the car now, or would you wait however long to be 'perfect'.
No, I'd wait. Make sure you get exactly the car you want. It's definitely worth the wait!

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
no one should ever compromise on their car purchase.

6 weeks? i have a NB on my lot right now. and i could get another in two weeks. wonder what thats all about.

· Registered
866 Posts
I had to wait a month to get my BSP, all because I wanted a manual tranny. I wasn't going to settle for 2nd or 3rd best. But it's up to you. Do what you feel is right. Just don't do something you think, or KNOW you'll end up regreting.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Aug 18 2005, 06:39 PM
no one should ever compromise on their car purchase. 

6 weeks?  i have a NB on my lot right now.  and i could get another in two weeks.  wonder what thats all about.
lol, if you are anywhere near NY I'll be there this weekend

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
depending on your definition of near...

no, i guess not. sacramento, ca is probably too far to drive.

· Registered
20 Posts
i agree, wait to get exactly what you want. i liked flint mica with black as my second choice. i almost settled for black because i would have gotten it in one week instead of two. i decided to wait and yesterday i got my flint mica, and i am so happy i waited. i still like the black, but the flint mica is the nicest paint i've seen on any car, and i'm really happy i didn't settle for my second choice. at least thats my opinion : )

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Aug 18 2005, 09:49 PM
Don't settle.
Exactly. If you spend 16k+ on a car you sorta like thec olor of you will not be as happy.

· Registered
105 Posts
i would wait.i really wanted the silver streak but instead i got the 1.0 because they had one available.plus its a limited edition.so i thought, what the hell?it's ok i guess but i'm just not used to having a "hot" colored car.besides the tC not really having a back end, the red really makes it noticeable.annoys the hell outta me.

· Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Aug 19 2005, 05:46 AM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Aug 19 2005, 05:46 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Aug 18 2005, 09:49 PM
Don't settle.
Exactly. If you spend 16k+ on a car you sorta like thec olor of you will not be as happy. [/b]
this is true

· Registered
40 Posts
defnitely wait!! i was going to get fm but i really wanted bsp. i was going to trade my truck in but i waited it out and ended up selling it myself in 3 days. dealership said 1500 for my truck.. i got 4,000 worth the wait for sure and now my bsp will be in sunday for me to pick up! i only had to wait like 2 weeks once i decided on the bsp tc.. but i'd say it's worth the wait!! ENJOY!

· Registered
242 Posts
if you can afford the wait, (not moneywise) and dont *need* the car right now, i'd wait. if you absolutly need the car, i would get it right away. 6 weeks is only a month and a half; you're gonna have this car for years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.