Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey... sorry for this post... but i've searched and searched... but i can't find the post i remember reading.... anyways.. i remember somone posting a link to some PDF files on how to install the lowering springs... after talking to the dealers.. and almost fainting at the cost they gave me... i have decided to see if i can do it myself... if somone knows the link i am talking about it would be greatly apprecieated if you could pass it on... thanks

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Make a road trip up here. I'll make sure you get a hook up if I have to do it myself. No, you can't drive my Supra.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ur in sac?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tempting offer... being on spring break and all.. if i dont have my springs installed by the next time i go up north to visit family, i might take you up on that offer

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where did you get your instructions? i need super details because im kinda dumb when it comes to mechanical stuff....

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, hamster, if you were around us here in sac we would take care of you in no time flat. otherwise, if you are determined to do it yourself, just take your time. and have a torque wrench.

come on, come visit... lol.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i saw D's install procedures... but im stupid when it comes to this stuff.... i need to see every damn step... as for driving up to sac.... i would but the rest of my spring break is pretty much full.... anyways... im off to the store to buy me a torque wrench

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Mar 30 2005, 08:48 AM
Can I drive your Supra??
Maybe after I get it running right. It's embarrassing right now. Got the new coil, I'm putting it in tonight. A mere $100 and we'll see...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@Mar 30 2005, 12:04 AM
hey... sorry for this post... but i've searched and searched... but i can't find the post i remember reading.... anyways.. i remember somone posting a link to some PDF files on how to install the lowering springs... after talking to the dealers.. and almost fainting at the cost they gave me... i have decided to see if i can do it myself... if somone knows the link i am talking about it would be greatly apprecieated if you could pass it on... thanks
How much do dealers charge to install the springs??

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the dealer wanted something in the ball park of $700

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Did you ever do that install, Hamster?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yup.. but i went to a friends garage shop... he only charged me $100 and didn't take 6 hours like the dealer said it would take... he did it in 2... and it was the first tC he ever worked on

·
Registered
453 Posts
looks very good congrats....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll be attempting my install this weekend in the auto hobby shop on base, with a buddy who has done it to several other cars. Wish us luck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Apr 21 2005, 07:01 AM
I'll be attempting my install this weekend in the auto hobby shop on base, with a buddy who has done it to several other cars.  Wish us luck.
I'm attempting install this weekend, too! TRD springs going in with the help of my roommate and my little brother, who installed springs on his 99 cavalier..

God help us all!

-K

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.