Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my tC (flint mica) 3 days ago.....which I must say is absolutely awesome!! But one thing I was wondering about was when you start to drive, the seatbelt indicator makes this beeping noise until you fasten your seatbelt. Don't get me wrong, this is a really good feature to remind you to put your seatbelt on, but after a few very short trips (when i normally don't wear it), it kinda got annoying. Was wondering if there was any way to turn it off....if not no big deal, just going to have to get used to having it on "everytime."

(also, if anyone is considering getting a tC, it is extremely well worth it.)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not sure if you can turn it off but, as I was reading over the manual awhile back, I think I remember seeing something there about a warning for the passenger seat, as well (that is triggered by weight on the seat).

That might become even more annoying if you put stuff if the passenger seat to transport it (ie: backpacks, etc.). Hehe....like you said, no big deal and something we can live with...but it'd be useful to have a turnoff switch.

I for one ALWAYS put my belt on, so the reminder isn't necessary. ::Shrug::

*Edit: DOH....I missed the fact that was your first post until I saw Eric's response! WELCOME to the site!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hey... the beeping noise is annoying but it does stop eventually. It starts off as regular beeps... then gets faster as the time passes. Eventually it should stop beeping...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Loopy the passenger indicator is just a flashing light and because of where it is located I hardly notice it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i kinda agree with eric, you could be turning around your block, and some s.o.b. runs a stop sign, so you never know. better be safe than sorry. I'm a big dork, i even wear my seatbelt in the back, it's a habit.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ just to add to that, i've got a real life horror story for you about seatbelts:

a friend of mine from a few years back went for a ride on my best friend's lap in the front seat of an '89 mustang gt (sweet car btw), and the brakes gave out at 45mph on a turn. They crashed into a tree, and if my best friend hadn't been holding her tight around her waist, she would've definitely flown through the windshield. She was the only one that got hurt really bad. She had a broken forearm and a broken thigh bone, which took two years to heal completely. Her face was cut up with glass from the winshield, and she had to have some plastic surgery to fix the scars, although they are still slightly noticeable. I spend many nights in the hospital entertaining her, and I wish it wouldn't have happened to her or anyone else. The driver had a broken hand from steeringwheel shock, and my best friend in the passenger seat went unscathed.

Wear your seatbelt and don't be stupid, thats my final statement. This happened about 3-4 years ago.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by JZA70@Jul 26 2004, 10:05 AM
seatbelts are the first thing i do when i get in my car... regardless of where i'm going
you must not live in the south then... its air conditioning then seat belts down here!

·
Registered
422 Posts
so funny, I was just telling the hubbie that my unfastening my seatbelt before I fully stop was cured. I tried it this afternoon (just got my tC Friday) and got the annoying beeping. Sometimes we need the reminders that keep us safe, I guess. sigh...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jul 26 2004, 07:03 PM
I feel naked when I'm in a car without my belt on.
yea me too....aint it great....being naked that is

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
if i could, i'd be naked everywhere. I'm thinking about starting a nudist colony, whos with me!?!?

·
Registered
619 Posts
well this thread just took a dump.

·
Registered
619 Posts
sorry

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ooops....my bad....I......I just.........sorry for the hijack.

(PS: I'm naked right now when you're reading this.
)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts