Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know how to disable the audible portion of the seat belt unfastened alarm? I don't mind the flashing lights but that screaming beep is killing me when I just take off my belt for the last fifty feet into my garage...

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy but you can't wait 50 feet to take off your seat belt? You can't disable the audible tone thru any easy means that I know of.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It drives me freakin' nuts, too -- I stop at the mailboxes right before I get home, and it's a pain to strap the seatbelt over a large jacket or whatever to ride for 20 seconds in silence...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yes you can....there is two wires underneath each of the seat that connect to a pad that detects body weight on the passenger side and underneath the drivers side (but the drivers side doesn't detect weight it notices the door being opened and shut.

Anyhow, if you just unplug those the beeping will stop but according to the dealership if you do this then when you get into a wreck the airbags will NOT deploy.

So as for me I am just ignoring the beeping sound.

OK this may be right but check the post underneath this one....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Buzzer Reminder Cancel Mode Setting
1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
2) Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the
ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver’s seat belt while holding the knob cancels the
buzzer reminder.
3) When this occurs, the LCD displays “b-OFF”. The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON and
OFF each time the TRIP meter reset knob is pressed. The LCD displays “b-ON” or “b-OFF” according
to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter” if the knob
is not pressed for ten seconds.
4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.
5) The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well Zoltiz I am a testament to all when I say that your method does work and it does work indeed. I just did it to my TC and it doesn't beep the crap out of my ear anymore.

Thanks a bunch man.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by cad455@Dec 28 2004, 08:24 AM
i tried that method when it was posted on scionlife, i couldn't get it to work :/
It is a little tricky to get it to work..the way I got it to work was hold down the button for 10 seconds and then I plugged in the seat belt while still holding down the button and then about 2 seconds later the b-off came on and it worked for me.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It is tricky, because you have to hold the button while clicking your seatbelt - a little coordination test - but it does work. If I had not tried it myself, I would not have posted it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Dec 28 2004, 07:01 AM
Anyhow, if you just unplug those the beeping will stop but according to the dealership if you do this then when you get into a wreck the airbags will NOT deploy.
well if i follow zoltiz's step by step, this wont cause the airbags to not deploy if i get into a wreck?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Dec 28 2004, 07:01 AM
Buzzer Reminder Cancel Mode Setting
1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
2) Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the
ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver’s seat belt while holding the knob cancels the
buzzer reminder.
3) When this occurs, the LCD displays “b-OFF”. The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON and
OFF each time the TRIP meter reset knob is pressed. The LCD displays “b-ON” or “b-OFF” according
to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter” if the knob
is not pressed for ten seconds.
4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.
5) The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.
Seems like a lot of work. I've got an easier trick.
Wear your seat belt.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by courier11sec@Dec 28 2004, 06:51 PM
Seems like a lot of work. I've got an easier trick.
Wear your seat belt.
[/b][/quote]
Well it is alot of work buddy, but its worth it and sometimes I only go a short distance anyway and sometimes the seatbelt does get anoying on long trips but then again I seem to think that I don't really answer to you just myself and the law...so to each his own we are just trying to help someone else out is all....take it or leave it alone. Peace

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Just keep in mind that airbag might really hurt you without the belt on...I've seen what they do under the best circumstances, and it isn't pretty.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.