It is a little tricky to get it to work..the way I got it to work was hold down the button for 10 seconds and then I plugged in the seat belt while still holding down the button and then about 2 seconds later the b-off came on and it worked for me.Originally posted by cad455@Dec 28 2004, 08:24 AM
i tried that method when it was posted on scionlife, i couldn't get it to work :/
well if i follow zoltiz's step by step, this wont cause the airbags to not deploy if i get into a wreck?Originally posted by goldenchild@Dec 28 2004, 07:01 AM
Anyhow, if you just unplug those the beeping will stop but according to the dealership if you do this then when you get into a wreck the airbags will NOT deploy.
Seems like a lot of work. I've got an easier trick.Originally posted by zoltiz@Dec 28 2004, 07:01 AM
Buzzer Reminder Cancel Mode Setting
1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
2) Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the
ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver’s seat belt while holding the knob cancels the
3) When this occurs, the LCD displays “b-OFF”. The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON and
OFF each time the TRIP meter reset knob is pressed. The LCD displays “b-ON” or “b-OFF” according
to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter” if the knob
is not pressed for ten seconds.
4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.
5) The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.
Originally posted by courier11sec@Dec 28 2004, 06:51 PM
[/b][/quote]Seems like a lot of work. I've got an easier trick.
Wear your seat belt.