Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the car is lowered with the original tires, is there any chances of scratching the bottom or the rear bumper of the car? My brother lowered his Avalon and he always scratchs the bottom of his car on speed bumps or the front bumper goin up drive ways...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
just have to get used to driving a lowered car if you arent already. i have not dragged on anything, but i am careful every driveway i enter. the tC has a shorter nose than an avalon, and what mostly will make it drag in the front is not getting the front wheels on something before the body hits. scaraping the nose on my matrix once or twice learned me good. drive carefully, and you should be fine.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
^^^ Driving a lowered Matrix teaches you all you might ever need in terms of being careful. Stock front ground effects are scary low and stick out pretty far from the wheel. I drove mine for a year and scraped it once when I was a complete idiot showing off in an unfamiliar area.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You haven't lived until you've slammed the frame rails on a speed bump...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I do this frequently in my accord when I'm delivering. The hook on the front of the frame is nearly halfway eroded from all the times i've bottomed out my car.

Poor accord, such a nice car that I've pounded into the ground (literally). Hoping to set things right with my tC.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Haven't scratched anything on my car yet. Been real careful over speed bumps and my driveway. I have bottomed the wheel wells a few times flying over inclines in intersections....and around sharp curves but it's short and makes me figure out where that point is that I can't be that aggressive.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I bottomed out my motorcycle (95 Honda Shadow VLX) on a sharply angled parking lot entrance. I had to lean back to get the rubber to contact and finish the scrape. That was not very fun. Also, I test drove a lowered Accord a few years back and smacked the oil pan into a raised manhole cover. Needless to say, I didn't buy the Accord.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i've scratched the bottom once. but it was not my fault. was pulling into a parking lot to my friend's restuarant and the dip was so damn low that no matter how slow i went i would of scratched. and it was pretty slow so. i let the car roll into the dip in neutral with the brakes on and it still scratched. dammit.... lol. never going in there again. my car is dropped with TEIN H.Techs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take an option:

1.) if your roads are smooth ------->drop em (2 inches max)
2.) if your roads are rough --------->dont drop
3.) if your roads are lil of both -----> do a slight drop (1 - 1 1/4 inches most)

but hey you think what you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.