Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to wash my car today because the sun was out for a little while. I hadn't washed it in over a week because of intermittent rain. There's nothing I hate worse than washing my tc and having it rain the very next day...Anyway, After I finished drying it, I noticed a pretty good scratch on the top of my bumper; it's not deep, but noticable. The first thing I thought to myself was "there goes my resale value." So do you guys know of any product that could fix this little problem.

· Registered
408 Posts
I dont wana hear it, someone 2 days ago hit my car and the whole right side of my back bumper is big white scratches, some real deep. so depressing.

· Registered
866 Posts
Try to wax/buff it out. If that doesn't work, just buy some touch up paint.

Unless you have money to burn and you want to buy a new bumper. I have a "problem" in my bumper too. But I'm not spending the $1k they want to fix it.

· Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Jan 30 2006, 09:41 PM
I dont wana hear it, someone 2 days ago hit my car and the whole right side of my back bumper is big white scratches, some real deep. so depressing.
Same Thing happened to me last week. Now I have to order a new bumper and get it installed and everything else that has to be fixed because someone did a "hit and run" to my tC

But maybe you could get some touch up paint from your dealer...

· Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by serith@Jan 30 2006, 10:55 PM
Try to wax/buff it out. If that doesn't work, just buy some touch up paint.

Unless you have money to burn and you want to buy a new bumper. I have a "problem" in my bumper too. But I'm not spending the $1k they want to fix it.
They told you 1,000 to get a new bumper??? I'm getting one for only 200 bucks, with it already painted to the color of my car. So then all they have to do is install it when it comes in.

· Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by x Dying For Your Love x+Jan 31 2006, 06:22 AM-->QUOTE (x Dying For Your Love x @ Jan 31 2006, 06:22 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-serith
@Jan 30 2006, 10:55 PM
Try to wax/buff it out.  If that doesn't work, just buy some touch up paint.

Unless you have money to burn and you want to buy a new bumper.  I have a "problem" in my bumper too.  But I'm not spending the $1k they want to fix it.
They told you 1,000 to get a new bumper??? I'm getting one for only 200 bucks, with it already painted to the color of my car. So then all they have to do is install it when it comes in. [/b]
Where did you get your bumper from?

· Registered
34 Posts
I have just joined the club of having my 3 week old tC rear meet up with a assclown that could not park properly. Now there is a gouge out of the rear bumper. Just paint on ya and that plastic indent. Grrr... Why do people tend to feel lets park by the car that is way out there. And not be able to pull out properly. Anyway. Where are you ordering a new bumper for 200. It cost 200 for an entire bumper repaint. So that would be awesome to get one for 200. Let us in on the secret. Please.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Jan 30 2006, 09:41 PM
OMG! the identicle thing happened to me 2 days ago! im so pissed, they didnt even leave a number.

· Registered
360 Posts
I just bought a product last week to take out scratches in my BSP that works AMAZING! It's Meguires Scratch-X. It's a rubbing compound that you rub into the scratches until they're gone. Basically it takes down a bit of the clearcoat to even out the finish. I got some etching from bird poop the other day, and it worked perfect for that too. It does take some elbow grease on the more intense scratches, but it will at least minimize their apperance if not erasing them all together. The best thing is that it was only $7!

· Registered
776 Posts
^^^ I use it all the time and its the ish... I dont rub too hard tho. Follow it up with some meguires deep gloss polish and then wax it immediately to lock it in. That polish is the secret weapon. Im telling you im a scratch remove expert I hat a black 95 max with its fair share.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.