Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just got a scratch on the passenger side rear panel. The scratch is not deep at all, it is very light. I felt the scratch and I can't feel any grooves. What should I do? Go to the dealership and ask for touch up paint(if they have any) or go to a body shop, or do it myself by buying paint? All advice and input would help alot thanks guys

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well if it is just a scratch in the clearcoat just gets some Meguire's Scratch remover, it should work just fine. If it is deep enough to hit the paint I think a picture of it would help me tell you exactly what to do.

Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The dealer should give you touch-up paint - Mine had to order it but will let me know once it gets in. Are you sure it's really a scratch and not something you can buff out with a good waxing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
ya, touchup paint should be a last resort and should only be used when the scratch has gone through the clear coat and into/through the color coat. if its just a clearcoat scratch, which is probably is considering how your describing it, any detailer with a buffing machine and some abrasive polish can get it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.