Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I need some thoughts on this one.....heres the situation. Purchased my car right at about a month ago (march 6th to be exact), I had the dealer install the security system a few days later. Since then I noticed that there is a BIG scratch down the middle of the door that covers the radio and down to the rim around where the clock is.

Questions to you guys:

1. Would you take it back to the dealer and see if they can replace it? (as I didnt do it and it was there when I took the car)

2. Or would you consider it too late and consider it something small and forget about it, eventhough it is a cosmetic issue.

On a side note, later on in the day after I took the car I was showing some co-workers the car and one of them pointed out a small scratch (small but noticable) on the hood. I brought that up to the guy I bought the car from and he said he thought they could take care of it, but I said screw it and never said anything about it (mainly b/c I knew if they decided to fix it they would either repaint the hood or have the car for a day or more which I didnt want to have to do).

I am not wanting to sound like the kids over at scionlife that bitch about the smallest little thing, but this mainly has to do with the dealer and the condition the car was in when I took receipt of it.

What are you alls thoughts on this?

thanks,

r2

· Registered
418 Posts
ok for the scratch on the radio cover you might get one of 2 replies:

1) if the dealer is feeling nice and humble that day "sure we'll replace it for you
2) if the dealer is being an ass "how do we know you didnt do that yourself?"

for me i would have brought it up as soon as i discovered the scratch..and for the scratch on your hood, i also would have brought that up..that wouldnt have repainted the ENTIRE hood for one lil scratch like you sed..they might just buff it out with an orbital polisher..but then again i dont know how deep it is..as for waiting, i think itd be worth it if u cared that much..but if its "little" like u say nothing to worry about..

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Option no. 3. If the dealer will be an ass - you can probably get the stereo door cover from somebody here on the forum - I know several people that bought new center console thingies to replace messed up lcd/clock and have the old center console layng around.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool.

I went by there today after to talking to a guy on the phone yesterday and it ended up with the service guy telling me I needed to talk to the service manager (who happened to be on vacation until next week) to figure it out.

I can prob find one on here too. Thanks zoltiz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.