Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a new Tc and i have noticed that sometimes when I'm driving a scrapping or squealing noice appears. It can get quite load sometimes. At first i thought that it was coming from the brakes but i'am not sure. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
does it occur randomly, or when you turn on something (like the AC) or does it occur when you do something.... the more details the easier it will help us determine what the noises are, and if any of us have them. sometimes i hear a squealing noise when i turn on my AC, i think its just the belt slipping as the AC clutch engages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the noise happens whether the AC is on or not. I only hear it when the sunroof is open or windows down. It stops whenever I come to a stop. It does it only when I'm moving, it seems to be loudest at low speeds.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sounds like a stuck piston in a brake caliper. It happens.

·
Registered
576 Posts
He might be talking about the intake whistle.... louder at low speeds, bottom of the gear.... windows down....

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I still haven't heard that on either car.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Maybe I'll try to record it sometime. Wonder what would work besides a tape player, lol. They making little handheld digital recorders besides for memo's these days...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.