Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i was pullin out of my friends drive way and i heard this loud as scraping noise. i looked up under and i scraped the underside of the front bumpber a little bit. Has anyone else had this problem with scraping. i dont even have the springs or lowered or anything. u cant see the scrapes or anything unless ur up under the car but it still sucks. anyone know how i can fix that or should i not even worry about it cuz its probably gonna happen again later? Anyway, holla back

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I drove my tC for 8 months before lowering it, and never scraped the front bumper. Your friend must have some kind of crazy steep driveway -- I've driven up and down steep ones myself, not always slowly, and haven't ever scraped the front.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have had the same trouble. My car is not lowered either. There is a gas station near me that when I leave it, it has a low area for drainage as it enters the road. It does not look like much. The tail of the car is up hill slightly and when the front goes in that low area the overhang in the front will catch that edge of the road surface. It has scraped like yours and can be seen only while lying on the ground. I will not fix it as it is likely to happen to me somewhere else too. If I go out at a angle..so the wheels don't go in that low spot at the same time....I have no trouble there now. It is no doubt that if the car was lowered in this spot..the damage would be far worse. Road Rash would be visible on the front of the painted area, not just the bottom.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah, I scraped mine going into a walgreens last month. Not a big deal. Bound to happen again.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I ran into an extra tall parking spot concrete bar - made a horrible sound and left nasty scratches on the underside of the bumper. Took me almost an hour with touch up paint and sandpaper making it look acceptable again. But it's not something to be really worried about. Mine is black, btw, but scratches looked light gray and were plenty visible.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have a super white tC too.

my front bumper on my ground effects kit was scraped on the bottom when i bought it, i didnt know till i had it for a few days and looked under the car to see if i could do underglow, (its scraped and ive never scraped it lol)

you cant even see it unless your under the car, even on the white ground effects

EDIT:

See

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mine's Flint Mica. If you are underneath the car, you can see them, but otherwise they're not visible. Not a big deal to me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i havent scraped yet, and i am dropped. but, the potential is there to scrape on lots of sh!t if one isnt careful. the car isnt that low, but its low enough to scrape here and there.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Im dropping mine today, so I have got to start being more wary of curbs and all that crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.