Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was all a good normal day until i decided to wash my tC. she was looking lovely as usual until i was cleaning the last rim when i noticed it had a scrape mark on it.. i was pretty pissed but glad it wasn't the paint. figured it was from my sloping driveway which is surrounded by rocks. After washing her.. i had to run an errand and upon approaching my car when i was done i notice a smear mark on the lower side panel right by the scraped rim... as i got closer i realized it was a huge gashing scrape!!! i felt it and it was definitely deep w/ ridge marks. so basically im extremely pissed.. i showed it to my boyfriend and he said the best bet is to replace that bottom panel because the plastic was clearly scraped up. so just wondeing where i can get that part.. what would be the cheapest.. or if anyone else has any other recommendations.. here is a zoomed in pic from after my wash today.. i can't believe i didn't notice it then.. sorry a little blurry!

ahh my poor baby! any help is appreciated!

alright here's a better pic i just went and took..

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Cheapest way is to do what I did when my sideskirt got damaged - put an ad on scion forums that you want to buy this part. People are buying OEM ground effects kits and no longer need the stock pieces. Sometimes dealers keep these sideskirts, too, but most of the time they just throw them away. If you want to buy it from a dealer it costs close to $400 painted (and it only comes painted).

So with some paitence you can get this fixed pretty cheap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it's not THAT big of a deal.. im just kinda pissed being that i've only had the car for like 3 weeks. sorry if i posted in the wrong section.. thought maybe it would be a technical thing ???

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by DScion@Sep 10 2005, 06:47 PM
yeah it's not THAT big of a deal.. im just kinda pissed being that i've only had the car for like 3 weeks. sorry if i posted in the wrong section.. thought maybe it would be a technical thing ???
o, yea 3 weeks is pretty soon to have a scratch like that.

o, and dont apologize, it was a suggestion

·
Registered
73 Posts
that almost looks like u would be able to buff it out i had one kinda like that on my rear quarter panel and it buffed out fine and its barely even noticeable now

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you sure.. i don't think you can smooth it out.. it's like deep ridges cut through the plastic. hhmm i'll look into it though

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I am telling you that you will need a little filler/bondo/glass. You will be able to fill the imperfections. If they aren't too deep just use the resin/hardener that comes with fiberglass to fill the holes then sand it smooth and paint it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.