Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
At present, there is no reason to believe that this is anything more than a fantasy. Most likely, someone just made it up. Of course, if Scion ever comes out with any other car, regardless of the name or the design, some people will say, "See, I told you! It's the dL! They just renamed it."

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's this hard, nasty cookie that Brits and trendy coffeehouse people eat.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i'd like to see a new model. just because new cars are exciting, when done right that is. but do you think scion might be discontinued one day? i mean they are backed by toyota but the word is they don't seem to be making much money for each car that they make.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
They probably are making very little per car right now, and that's probably the plan. Selling superior cars at a price that can't be beaten -- that's an ingenious marketing strategy if I ever heard one. They'll probably raise the prices once they've carved out a niche for themselves in the market.

·
Registered
614 Posts
maybe they are using the strategy of take a hit in the beginning and it more than pays off in the end. makes sense. typical way to start a successful business.

·
Registered
228 Posts
about a concept car - a funny fact
on 47th international car show here in SanFran (i'll be going there tomorrow, saturday) a tC is in "concept cars"... or that's what moscone center website claims...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Nov 24 2004, 01:13 PM
Any one know anyting on this concept or better yet links to a pic??
i assure you, this is nothing more than a rumor that has grown way to big for its own good. there are no plans to make the dL. there are no sedan sketches drawn up at scion. there is no fourth model being discussed in any configuration.

as far as money, you will see prices for scions raise according to inflation, but not for any other reason. the price on the existing models will remain the same until they are removed from the lineup and replaced with something else, which will have its own price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey all you experts that said it was BS about no DL concept. I know you guy want to act like you know what yor talking about. But the truth is your not experts and you certainly are not toyota excutives. Peep this link, it might be a fake photo shop or wahtever but there is definetly alot of talk about a DL going on besides here.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33030

oh yeah and bite me for the typo scon, big deal.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Nov 29 2004, 01:37 PM
hey all you experts that said it was BS about no DL concept. I know you guy want to act like you know what yor talking about. But the truth is your not experts and you certainly are not toyota excutives. Peep this link, it might be a fake photo shop or wahtever but there is definetly alot of talk about a DL going on besides here.

wow, harsh words....

do you guys feel hurt? i know i do. let's have a group cry because we are all wrong, and we can spell.

relax 510sciontc. anything is possible, but come on. have you hung around scionlife long enough? it's not exactly the brightest community of people. they have like a million posts about what part of their car they broke today.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 29 2004, 07:25 PM
have you hung around scionlife long enough? it's not exactly the brightest community of people. they have like a million posts about what part of their car they broke today.
Yea, and then there's that one sad woman with 1,200 posts about how much the tC sucks, even though she doesn't own a tC and has probably never driven one.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Nov 29 2004, 04:10 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Nov 29 2004, 04:10 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Kwiksilver
@Nov 29 2004, 07:25 PM
have you hung around scionlife long enough? it's not exactly the brightest community of people. they have like a million posts about what part of their car they broke today.
Yea, and then there's that one sad woman with 1,200 posts about how much the tC sucks, even though she doesn't own a tC and has probably never driven one. [/b]
haha. you mean cybergypsy? what a sad, sad girl/woman/reject of society.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Nov 29 2004, 01:37 PM

oh jesus here we go again. so if i photochop a pic of a nissan maxima and slap on some scion emblems you'll believe its the new dL? how about i photochop an H2 and we'll call it the scion xH. you can put down your non-refundable deposit anytime with me.
for the record, i am an expert. i dont need to flex my contacts, or BS about who i talked to or had dinner with like some of the guys on scionlife. i know what i know, i know where it comes from, and i know its accurate. you can have your rumor mill, 510sciontc. fact is, you are wrong about the dL, scionlife is wrong about the dL, there is no 4th model planned for scion, no sedan concept in the works, and you still cant spell. the reason we dont discuss the dL as much as scionlife, or have a forum dedicated to it, is because it isnt an actual car. well, that and this site is for the tC. you dont have to get angry and close with bite me cause someone had a bit of fun ribbing you for a typo.
damn, all this hostility over a car that isnt being built.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.