Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my brother is a service manger for a local vdub dealership i can get 1 for 20 grand...for two thousabd more probualy better off...plus if u just spend $500 on an apr chip it boast u 252hp/303 ft lbs of torque on 93 octane

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I wouldn't buy a Vee-Dub again. My last one fell apart all at once really.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by DannYD86@Nov 25 2005, 06:39 PM
my brother is a service manger for a local vdub dealership i can get 1 for 20 grand...for two thousabd more probualy better off...plus if u just spend $500 on an apr chip it boast u 252hp/303 ft lbs of torque on 93 octane
If you want easy and cheap power, get the VW. If you like the way German cars drive, get the VW. If you want a car with poor resale value, get the VW. If you want to buy a car from a manufacturer with less than good initial quality scores, buy the VW.

If you want an inexpensive car with decent (but not great) power, excellent reliability, superior resale value, and mod-ability to drive much like a German car, then buy the tC.

But it sounds like you've already made up your mind...

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Audi? Quality stuff? Do you know any Audi owners? I do. Every single one of them complains bitterly about poor reliability and the high maintenance cost. Mystery engine control failure stranded one by the side of the road forcing her to buy a new engine computer because it was just past warranty. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats cause people dont know how to maintain their cars

Five-year/60,000 mile (whichever occurs first) Powertrain Limited Warranty

Four-year/50,000 mile (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty with wear and tear items and adjustments excluded after the initial 12 months/12,000 miles

12 year unlimited distance Limited Warranty against corrosion perforation

24-hour Roadside Assistance for four years with unlimited mileage

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Umm. No. The people I know are car people, or at least they make enough money that maintenance isn't put off for lack of funds. Audi's break more frequently than other brands. Look at Audi's history. They suck for reliability.

Warranty means nothing. It only means they fix it when it breaks. I'd rather not have it break in the first place.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by DannYD86@Nov 26 2005, 09:47 AM
what year audis do they drive cause i have a 98 passat with 133,000 miles and never had a problem put mobil 1 0w40 every 4500 miles
Read this. Why would they be making this kind of effort if they didn't have quality problems to overcome?

BTW, if you changed Mobil 1 every 4500 miles, you wasted a lot of good oil. There is no economic or mechanical advantage to synthetic oil unless you go for extended drain intervals.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Read some more. Note the table in the middle showing which manufacturers have the worst models. Note VW's position on this chart. Now see why we Scion owners don't care about warranties? I'd rather have a car that runs reliably than a million mile bumper to bumper warranty I will have to use every few months for something failing.

The point of having the car is to drive, not to repair.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.