Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
That is definately something I would not drive. The tC is the best design so far.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Looks like an xB just more round and 2 door. One thing I find interesting about it though, is it looks as though the doors slide back like the second door on a mini van as opposed to open. Not my cup of tea at all, but well... I'm sure it will sell.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 2 2004, 09:26 PM
Looks like an xB just more round and 2 door. One thing I find interesting about it though, is it looks as though the doors slide back like the second door on a mini van as opposed to open. Not my cup of tea at all, but well... I'm sure it will sell.
just the passenger side door slides open.. the driver's door opens regularly..

i actually like it.. i'd take a good long look at getting it if it were available stateside

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by JZA70@Aug 2 2004, 10:41 AM

curvy and creative, but definitely not my style...
Haha.... You think you got enough smilies to show how you feel...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I think i saw it in the other forum "I feel my youth leaving me". Fugly, Fugly, Fugly, only a deranged engineer would sell it in America.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i am strangely comfortable with it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I can't say I hate it.... however, I've always been one to like the down and out... the strange. I guess i'd have to see it in person. But if its another 105hp car like the xA or xB, they can keep it!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally like the sliding door idea. I would never have to worry about another person's car when opening the door... Now I wished everyone's doors were sliding... then we would rarely ever get dings...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
lol. I don't think it'd sell well here, simply b/c sliding doors usually belong to the minivan, and that's about as far from "youthful" as you can get imo. heeehee.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No such thing as Scion in Japan. But anyhow a lot of Japanese vehicles are like this or more "out there."

·
Registered
999 Posts

Now Toyota Joins Slide Show

Another car with unusual doors has come 'sliding' into view. Following our feature on Peugeot's new 1007 and its innovative sliding doors , Toyota is getting in on the act. This is the Porte, a five-seater city car powered by a 1.3 or 1.5-litre petrol unit. The ingenious opening's rail is clearly visible in our picture - it's the line above the rear wheel.

Sadly, British buyers won't benefit as the car will be on sale only in Japan. A spokesman for Toyota UK said: "This is a model for the home market. At the moment, there are no plans to bring it to Europe, and it's not related to the city car we're developing with PSA Peugeot Citroen. That isn't likely to appear until the Geneva Motor Show in February."

Meanwhile, the British subsidiaries of two rival Japanese manufacturers are being investigated by the Inland Revenue. Honda and Nissan are in the spotlight over transfer pricing.

This is the way in which multi-national groups can price goods at lower-than-market value, so that any final profit earned is in a country where the tax burden is lower. This allows firms to cut their tax bills.

The investigation raises a question mark over the existing arrangements with Inland Revenue, where losses incurred by companies are offset against future profits.

·
Registered
583 Posts
hi my name is...*RAAAAAAAAAAAAALPH*

1 - 20 of 35 Posts