Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I've tried twice to e-mail Scion re the hatch rattle strut fiasco and had my e-mails returned as undeliverable. Yes I've talked three times to a lame-a_ _ s customer service rep who has no knowledge re the strut rattle TSB. Anyone have a better e-mail address or a phone # for Scion different than the customer service reps?

I want to talk to Scion Manangement!

Thanks,

Ranger K

This is the text of the e-mail

"Very unhappy with lack of responsivesness from Scion it'self regarding rear
hatch rattle in rear hatch struts. It's been three months since these hatch
rattles have been reported. Check threads on both the Scion life and YourSciontC
websites.

When is the TSB coming out? I think its very unprofessional of Toyota/Scion to
make owners come up with all kinds of home-made fixes... foam padding, wrapping
electrical wires with padding etc. etc. This isn't the kind of modding I
expected to do to my scion.

If this rattle was unique to my tC I would have more patience but its very
common even my salesman's own tC has it.

At least I could be reassured Scion is developing replacement struts and the car
will be fixed. As much as I love my Car (purchased July 2004) I'm having to
mention the rattles to people who ask me about my car.

Feel free to call me regarding this."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks P but thats the same phone # for the lame a _ _s Scion customer service reps

Thanks though.

K

Maybe i'll pretend its a mariachi rattle...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i passed your email on to the san francisco regional director. i will let you know what he had to say in response, ken.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I don't know what you expect... There is no TSB yet. It may suck but thats just how it is for now. Should they lie to you instead?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
ok... my 14 year old jeep rattled less that this car, then again ive got 126.4 db at one meter comming outta the trunk.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
ok... my 14 year old jeep rattled less that this car, then again ive got 126.4 db at one meter comming outta the trunk.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Damon. I had very good customer service for my moon roof rattle. The non- working customer service e-mail form and less than knowlegeable customer service reps were what frustrated me. as for the reps.... a problem that has existed for three months.. just should be addressed. Scion makes no bones about its trying to advertise in unconventional ways and I am suprised if they don't have someone paid to look at customer comments on forums to see what their customer comments are.

They need to have a supervisor to talk with for the reps I asked for one when I called on Wednesday and did not receive any satisfaction there.

I work in a public service job, and customer service is very important.....in the words of the chief of my division.....respond to customer requests within 24 hours....DEEDS Not WORDS.

Thanks,

Ken.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I wish all state agencies had your attitude. I'd grouse a whole lot less about paying taxes if it were common with state workers.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I work for the County and respond to all calls within 24 hours. =P Not that that was the point of this thread...

Back on topic, I still doubt the seriousness of this problem. I had hatch rattles, so I took my car to the dealership and they did some stuff. I don't think it particularly improved the problem, but I don't notice the rattles anymore.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Rattles are the only thing that keeps me from being 100% happy with this purchase. I love that car and extremely happy with it, but having a brand-new car be rattle free would be nice.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Funny you should mention...today I drove around with no radio on for about 45 minutes or more, and I didn't notice any rattles. They could have been there, but if they were, they were faint enough that I couldn't hear them without trying.

Although, I do understand your trepidation -- I, too, expect a lot from Toyota based on my prior experience with them. I hope you can get the whole rattle thing straightened out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Damon! I hear from your Counterpart at Magnussens Toyota Scion in Auburn you are trying to get the Toyota Scion higher ups to look at the hatch rattle issue.

Thanks for trying to do the right thing. As a car salesman, you are supposed to chuckle and run to the bank, but its obvious you are a different creature alltogether. Any way thanks for all your efforts, and I will definitely continue to recomend you guys at Maita.

Thanks!

K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.