Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scion sent me a letter say -

"... We are in need of acquiring several pre-owned vehicles this week in order to fulfill special vehicle requests. You have been identified as the possible owner of one of these vehicles and our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle at 125% of Kelley Blue Book value."

My car is paid off - and I got the employee discount when I bought it. If I do it, I'd get another tC but with the supercharger.

What do you guys think.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really sure. My car only has 2500 miles on it. I haven't really did any of the math yet. The only thing is I would be without a tc for 4 weeks while ordering a new one - but I have another vehicle.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Scion, or your dealership? I've received lots of letters like that from dealerships with the idea that I will trade-in for a more expensive vehicle, not cash out or just get the same thing again. Read the fine print, this isn't a typical deal at all.

·
Registered
346 Posts
hell yeah i'd do it. 25% is at least 4-5k. new car and more money? its a no brainer.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yep. And you're just the guy they are looking for...don't read the details, just show up and get another deal going. Patience young bull, there's more to the story for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No fine print. It does seem a little good to be true. That's probably what they will tell me on that 800 number they have listed there . . .

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Time to make a phone call...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah - 800 number just wants me to make an appointment. My dad works for Toyota so he said he will find out tomorrow.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Good luck. My bet is they want you to trade your car for something more expensive. Looking forward to hearing the real answer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i got a letter from my dealer that said they wanted my used tc, to boost their used car stock. i wasn't really interested so i didn't really pay attention to it

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
shoot, if the deal makes you happy go for it. me, i like my tC and really don't see the value of getting into another one just like it.

VW still sends me offers like that for a car that i got rid of a year ago.

read, understand, react. only in that order.

·
Registered
135 Posts
now if you look up the auto 2006 tc under "new cars" on KBB.com, you get this...</span>
<span style="color:red">MSRP
$ 17,540.00

Invoice
$ 16,690.00

New Car Blue
Book Value
What consumers are really paying for this vehicle
$ 17,858.00

well, this is what i had gathered in a short amount of time. if numbers, options, etc. is incorrect. my apologies.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 23 2006, 03:44 PM
Yep. And you're just the guy they are looking for...don't read the details, just show up and get another deal going. Patience young bull, there's more to the story for sure.
I am with you on this one. Boy I have gotten a ton of those offers over the years. I need to read everything 4 times before I even think about anything...that is TOO good to be true. I am sure the "offer" is being sent by a dealer. For some reason, many people refer to the independent dealers that sell the brand of car as "Scion" of "Ford" or whatever. My opinion is that most of the dealers are not up to the standards of honesty of the company that builds the car. They may offer you 125% of KBB on your trade for a new Avalon Limited....a fully decked out Tundra 4x4 or a top of the line 4Runner. As always...Buyer Beware!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If it is a real thing, go for it.... Nothing like having a new car

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 23 2006, 07:57 PM
Nothing like having a new car
Sure there is... Having a relatively new car and a lot less debt.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
No debt though - she said her car was paid off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.