Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been hearing rumors of a scion truck that is being developed. it is going to be either an suv or a pickup truck. one rumor is that the tacoma is going to be redesigned and given a new name under scion. anyone heard anything about this mysterious truck/suv?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The Tacoma rumor doesn't ring true -- Toyota has just started to establish some credibility in the truck market with the Tacoma, and it just doesn't seem to make sense that they would risk that by transferring it to Scion. Toyota's smarter than that...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Considering that Toyota spun off Scion in order to target "generation y'ers" (18-34) I dont think that they'd put out a pick up truck. Also since their marketing has been target towards "urban" areas, and their commercials have a hip-hop theme, so it's highly unlikely. A small or mid size suv on the other hand could be possible, and would be interesting to see what they can come up with.

·
Registered
675 Posts
i wonder if they'll bring out an el camino looking vehicle.. the ccx concept was kinda like that.. but that became the tC.. i could see a sort of baja 4X4 vehicle.. rugged, yet versatile..

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
a scion truck... hmmm. i thought about this not too long ago. since scion is not only targeting the hip-hop market, but the tuner market in general, it wouldnt be too far a stretch to see a scion pickup. think small tacoma size, lowered, four wheel independent suspension, the 2.4 from the tC, weighing in at around 2800 pounds. gear it for performance instead of hauling and towing, and youve got a scion sport truck that turns 15 second 1/4's and handles like a celica. sure, theres a market for that. a small market, but no smaller than the market for the xA.

i havent heard anything at all about a truck or suv. but i will check out a few sources. anythings possible. 2 years ago i wouldnt have believed anyone would build a tC for 16K.

the tacoma is getting a new brother in the X-Runner. as far as sport 4X4, i dont think there has been anyone doing it better than toyota since marty mcfly's black toyota 4X4 in back to the future.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ OFF TOPIC: Love the sig, Andfx8, Family Guy's one of my favorite tv shows of all time. Can't wait for the new season this winter.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Sep 7 2004, 10:24 AM
^^^ OFF TOPIC: Love the sig, Andfx8, Family Guy's one of my favorite tv shows of all time. Can't wait for the new season this winter.
Good man.
Hell yeah, that show is hilarious.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You guys are talking about a suv/truck scion that's coming out?

What do you think the XB is? It's definately not the "mini van" of Scion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I was toying with this idea since the xB came to our market. An "Escalade" type of looking vehicle, either with a removeable back cab part, or a slide down rear window, build off the RAV 4 4WD platform, but lower to the ground. I think would make a nice replacement for the xB. Heh heh, the xE (wouldn't bee the xD because the xA would need to be the first replacement). As for the xA replacement, I think that the continuation of the 4 door lift back in a sub compact vehicle would still be strong, but built on a Yaris or Corolla platform, use the 1.8, but make it more like a 4 door coupe liftback, similar to the tC but blending an xA and tC look. I'll do some scetches and post them as soon as possible.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that might be interesting. i'd like to see those pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer told me that they were going to use the old Tacoma platform since the new Tacoma has a bigger platform to compete with the dakota and the other midsize pickups. He said that they were going to redesign the old tacoma platroom and use the scion name. Sounds kinda cool if you ask me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
sounds like nothing but rumor still. there are currently no plans to develop a 4th scion model. not a truck, not an suv, not a sedan (sorry dL hopefuls). with 4 billion configurations and trim levels, the tacoma and tundra are enough. the last thing toyota needs to do is add another truck to the lineup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts