Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a Scion Tc but I dont know if it would be better to buy the parts that the website offers, or would it be better to juss buy it stock w/out the dealer parts and buy the parts somewhere else and install them myself. Tc owners please help a brother out and let me kno what is best...Thx
If you have any other ideas on what is cheaper to do please let me kno...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
My suggestion is buy it basically stock except get the supercharger with the car so you can finance it. Everything else get afterwards and put it on yourself, find a friend who can help you do it or find a place that offers cheaper labor (depending on the item).

-Ed

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpstatus63@Oct 1 2005, 03:24 PM
I want to buy a Scion Tc but I dont know if it would be better to buy the parts that the website offers, or would it be better to juss buy it stock w/out the dealer parts and buy the parts somewhere else and install them myself. Tc owners please help a brother out and let me kno what is best...Thx
get everything from your dealer. have them install everything you want to get. this will maintain any warranty issue that may come up.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty+Oct 1 2005, 07:17 PM-->QUOTE (moriarty @ Oct 1 2005, 07:17 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Pimpstatus63
@Oct 1 2005, 03:24 PM
get everything from your dealer. have them install everything you want to get. this will maintain any warranty issue that may come up. [/b]
I actually have bought half my stuff from my dealer and half my stuff from elsewhere and had them install all of it--they say that I'm still covered as if I got the stuff from them as long as they put it in, even the Wilwood brakes.

Only drawback is my dealer is raping me on labor (~$975 to assemble & install the brakes and install the TRD springs!!!).

-Ed

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I'm still covered as if I got the stuff from them as long as they put it in, even the Wilwood brakes.[/b]
which dealer in ny did you go to install your willwood brakes? smithtown scion said they would not install anything unless it was trd or scion oem.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Oct 1 2005, 07:27 PM
I'm still covered as if I got the stuff from them as long as they put it in, even the Wilwood brakes.
which dealer in ny did you go to install your willwood brakes? smithtown scion said they would not install anything unless it was trd or scion oem. [/b][/quote]
Westchester Toyota/Scion. They did a so-so job on it 'cause my brakes occasionally stick when I let go and they have been unable to figure out the problem so far, so I'm seriously considering ditching to a different dealer.

-Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.