Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a noobie saying hello folks. ive been doing so much research on my first brand new car. i have to say that after all my research on www.cars.com www.edmunds.com etc. etc. the tc is basically what ive come down to.

ive read tons of consumer reviews regarding the tc as well as the mazda 3 honda civic si, mini cooper, anything comparable in the under 20 grand range. pretty much bang for the buck goes to the tc as far as i can tell. im going to take a test drive tomorrow and hopefully ill like it and put my 1 grand deposit for a flint mica 2006.

the only thing thats really bothering me is the fact that so many people are having problems with the tc. i guess you can call it bugs but rattle on the moonroof, no turning knob for volume on the stereo, etc. ive read it all. anyhow ill let you folks know what happens tomorrow.

i have one question though regarding this supercharger. how can you justify spending 3 or 4 thousand dollars on it just for 1 or perhaps 2 seconds? tc cant be as slow as some of you make it out to be.

· Registered
339 Posts
hey welcome to the site and congrats on getting a new car

i was in your same shoes and i was looking at cars from the civic si, mazda 3, gti, srt-4, or a used car but the tc just has soo much value. despite some of the problem you hear about on the site they are very minor and come from the 05 models. i should be getting my 06 flint mica sometime in the next day or two (ordered it one month ago) and i cant wait. i test drove one and man are they quick (lots of torque for 16.7k) and you know the engine will run long its a toyota.

as far as the supercharger goes its not worth it i rather put out money for a turbo a little while down the road and crank out some real power, good luck with your test drive...are you getting manual or auto?

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by Sparta@Jun 25 2005, 01:36 AM
i have one question though regarding this supercharger. how can you justify spending 3 or 4 thousand dollars on it just for 1 or perhaps 2 seconds?
It can be justified because you get to keep your factory warranty. Slap in a turbo that makes alot more power and you lose any warranty on your engine and drivetrain.

· Registered
662 Posts
Well if you have the money to run turbo you probably will have money to get the car fixed ( not in toyota dealership ). Anyways the 06 models come with volume knob and the min copper is like 10 Gs over the tC.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got back from the test drive. i test drove the red limited edition i guess that is what its called? anyway it was an automatic and i have to say that it is a very fun car to drive. i cant pin point exactly what it is but it just felt fun behind the wheel. it isnt a particularly fast car but my intention isnt to race. i put in my order and the accessories i got were the silver pedals, speed star shift knob, the cargo liner, the side and curtain airbags, the led light display in blue and the cargo liner.

with tax it comes to about 20,000.
they said i would get it in 6 to 8 weeks though, sheesh. im sort of regretting getting the led light display but ive read that its a nice touch if you drive at night. makes the interior seem more like a jet plane than it already is. what a fun car.

i guess the bottom line is when i drive my current vehicle it seems like such a chore, like a job, but with this tc im sure it will put the fun back into driving.

· Registered
339 Posts
yea i know i got my tc on saturday...and I LOVE IT..this is how it went down

after a night of drinking i wake up at 9am because the dealer is calling me (normally i would be a little mad for waking up so early but in this case hell no!) and i go to the dealer and there she is! my brand new 2006 tc in flint mica, the first 2006 that the dealer ever got! WOW

i got the following upgrades:
ipod stereo
hotchis (dunno how to spell it) front strut bar
trd lowering springs (have to make an appointment to install)

yay! i love it, the 5spd manual is the best part...

i took it on my first trip yesterday. i drove down to harrisonburg from baltimore to JMU for my girls orientation and i must say the car is soooo fun to drive. i am breaking it in now and being very careful with her. it seems you have to break in the car a certain way like you cant stay at one single speed for a long period of time so i am constantly adjusting from 55-70. but no more... i also hit traffic
but that was no problem i have pretty much mastered the clutch.

i cant wait till i have a lot more miles on it so i can see what this baby really can do

· Registered
339 Posts
how many miles do you have on yours, is it auto or manual?

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any of you got the led light enhancements? if so what do you think? i got them but im starting to think 250 was too much

· Registered
339 Posts
nope, i thought it was kinda cool but for the price i was like ehh i rather spend it on a strut bar or an intake.

my car had 2 miles when i picked it up and i just took a trip to harrisonburg from baltimore and it now has aprox 427ish on it

· Registered
20 Posts
I have LED's and the one thing I don't like too much is that the under-the-dash lights aren't very well hidden. Plus they're attached with tie tapes. But all together, I like 'em, especially the cupholder lights. They do look bad ass at night.

· Registered
38 Posts
i don't know who thinks the 06 has a volume knob, because it still has the buttons. it is my only complaint about the car so far

and i have the blue led enhancements. they look sweet A$$ at night especially with water bottles in the cup holders

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
If you look at the picture of the head unit in the Sound Systems section of the tC gallery on Scion.com you will see the volume knob. Might want to make sure you actually got on '06 or an '06 radio.

· Registered
583 Posts
My 06 has a volume knob. I think its only with the ipod upgrade on the stereo though.

I personnally dont like the LED enhancements, so I have no comment on those.

** my bad, just went to see the pic of the standard stereo, and it does have a volumn knob in the center.**

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.