Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good news - i was driving down the main road in jacksonville, and i noticed a euro sentra SE-R Spec V. i used to have that car before i bought the scion so i was like oh cool, whatever. so the guy gets on my ass and then changes lanes to my right side. sure enough the light turns red and he and i are the only ones there. lets just say there is a huge difference between a 2 door car and a 4 door car. i beat him by 2 car lengths. i hit like 90 before having to slow down again. he pulls up next to me again and asked me how many gears i down shifted, i was like 1. he called me a liar. the funny thing is, im pretty sure he was using nitrous. so yea 2 door vs 4 door. yay for scion, and thank god for radar detectors

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea they have alot of tourque behind the wheels, dont get me wrong, they are fast, but having 4 doors kills them. when i had mine i always wished it was a 2 door. o well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
the fact that its a 4 door compaired to our 2 doors doesnt meen crap. you have to think that our 2 doors arent exactly fethers when you consider the size of the hatch glass, 2 sunroofs that take up the entire roof, plus the size of the windshield. a friend of mine has a spec v with the exact same exhaust and intake that i have on my tc. we went to the track fri night for test and tune and his best time which he only ran once was a 15.4, mine was a 15.6. ive raced him on the hightway before and he would get the jump due to the six speed but in the upper rpm range i would start pulling him back in hard. so its mostly a drivers race with our cars and the spec-v's. and age doesnt play a factor with his car bc it has a brand new fresh motor in it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Who cares about ET? What was his mph, and what was yours? I don't care if either of you can drive, I only care about which one has better acceleration. MPH tells everything I want to know about the combination.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 4 2005, 12:03 PM
Who cares about ET? What was his mph, and what was yours? I don't care if either of you can drive, I only care about which one has better acceleration. MPH tells everything I want to know about the combination.
yeah that can help decide which one acutally has a potenital of having a better quarter mile time..one of you could had a bad lauch or shittier tires... but i acutally raced my friend's spec v it was like from a 10 mph 1st gear role and he said for me to floor it first so i did but he had a good reaction time and floored just a lil bit behind me (which gives an adavantage to me) and he didn't catch up. I was shocked too... until i shifted into third, i grinded really bad and then put it back into neutral and just braked cuase i felt so bad hurting my car and he blew past me..... man if i shifted right into third that would of defnilty answered the question "for me" which is a quicker car (btw, he had i/h/e... and i'm stock) but i'll race him again see what happens..

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by greddytc05@Sep 4 2005, 07:03 AM
the fact that its a 4 door compaired to our 2 doors doesnt meen crap. you have to think that our 2 doors arent exactly fethers when you consider the size of the hatch glass, 2 sunroofs that take up the entire roof, plus the size of the windshield. a friend of mine has a spec v with the exact same exhaust and intake that i have on my tc. we went to the track fri night for test and tune and his best time which he only ran once was a 15.4, mine was a 15.6. ive raced him on the hightway before and he would get the jump due to the six speed but in the upper rpm range i would start pulling him back in hard. so its mostly a drivers race with our cars and the spec-v's. and age doesnt play a factor with his car bc it has a brand new fresh motor in it.
You did a 15.6? Hell, stock I did a [email protected]ge... with the cooler weather and less humidity I'm sure I could have done slightly better. Now that I have a cat-back exhaust the numbers could possibly get lower with a higher trap (but who knows until I actually do it). Maybe next week I'll take it out.

·
Registered
508 Posts
im sure i couldve gotten a better time also if i wouldnt have only gotten in 6 runs for the day bc the track was really packed. plus it was over 80 degrees out all day so the track wasnt the coolest that it could be. that was the first day i ever tried to launch my car on or off the track so i think that a 2.2 60ft is rather well for not driving a frontwheel drive car since 1999...lol. and mph in the 1/4 doesnt always meen squat bc i ran two 15.6's in a row and they where more than a mph different. one run was 15.622 and the other was 15.624. driver plays the biggest part in racing. the car will only do what you make it do. for example the same night i was running a boy was running his RSX-S and the best run he had all day was in the high 15's. one run he actually only ran a mid 16 second pass. you could have the exact same car lined up next to each other bone stock. but the one on the left could end up winning bc of a couple of different factors. better reaction time, faster shifts, ran the gear out longer or shorter, the drive of one could be 150lbs versus the other driver being 200lbs. things like that can play a big part in winning a race.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
OK, sure, you can run consistent times with different mph, and all it means is you screwed up one run, and did better on the other. MPH tells everything you need to know about horsepower. Going faster requires more horsepower. If you came to race and get a trophy, sure, ET is everything. If you came to tune and make your car as fast as it can be, MPH is everything. If you are such a poor driver that you can't hit consistent mph, you need to figure out what you are doing wrong and work on your driving. You should not see more than 1.5 mph difference on a given day unless the weather conditions are very rapidly changing or you are making adjustments to the car's tuning.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not a pro at the track but I'm with Lance. Your mph should be within 1.5 unless your doing something wrong. I had a terrible shift into 2nd due to the drive by wire system (gas just wasn't there when I needed it) but mph only fell 2 and some change. About the spec v i plan on racing one friday, does anyone know anything that would help me beat it as bad as i possibly can. It's stock and I believe we're going from a 1st gear roll. Just an ####### talking #### for his club and he's the only one worth racing so I want to shut some people up and hopefully I can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I raced an i/h/e spec-V with my auto, mods are gfi intake, full exhaust, crank pulley. he smoked me. plain and simple. we did 3 runs all from 15-20 punch and at 60-70 i would be at his rear bumper.

·
Registered
308 Posts
wow i never thougth they were that fast. I guess i gotta find some way around 180tq and 175hp in a lighter car with lsd and traction control.

·
Registered
308 Posts
well if I race i'll post the video. I run high 15 sec so you might be able to make a guess on the time

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.