Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
yeah I raced an 02 white si with exhaust and smoked him on the highway with my tC last 2 weeks...theyre seriously slow for their price...

·
Registered
508 Posts
all of the reviews that i have read about the tc before i bought mine said that the tc should be within a couple of 10ths difference in the 1/4 then the new si's. i just cant remember if it was faster or slower.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Raced an Si at the 1/4 mile track a few days ago. He had I/H/E and my tC has Intake and exhaust. The Winner.........Scion tC- 15.989 seconds, Civic Si- 16.228 seconds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
nicely done. i've been wanting to go to the track to see what i'm capable of. i predict that i will be somewhere in the low 16s due to the higher elevation (palmdale, 3,200 ft.)

·
Registered
542 Posts
the 05 si does 0-60 in 8 seconds flat if i remember correctly. (with a good driver behind the wheel, that is)

·
Registered
129 Posts
the tc is definitely faster on the tracks. i've never had a chance to hit the tracks but i've raced my buddies ep on the streets from a roll and they're not too bad. i've got injen cai, 18s and a short shifter and he has an injen cai and broken motor mounts. we hit it from about 45 i was in third and he was in second, he immediately pulled a car ahead but then he shifted into third and i reeled him in nicely and put a good car or two lengths ahead by 80.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Aug 9 2005, 05:30 PM
I believe if you watch raytrix's race video against an '04 Si, it makes the Si 0-60 seem like 12 seconds...seriously...but he may just be a novice driver. -shrugs-
lol....you know, watching raytrix's videos is like watching that NHB DC5 guy's videos of base RSX vs scion tC
For those who know what I'm talking about

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus+Aug 10 2005, 05:18 AM-->QUOTE (SilverRSXJezus @ Aug 10 2005, 05:18 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-phungy
@Aug 9 2005, 05:30 PM
I believe if you watch raytrix's race video against an '04 Si, it makes the Si 0-60 seem like 12 seconds...seriously...but he may just be a novice driver. -shrugs-
lol....you know, watching raytrix's videos is like watching that NHB DC5 guy's videos of base RSX vs scion tC
For those who know what I'm talking about [/b]
Yeah. The Si isn't all that bad and yeah its got a smaller engine and not as much torque compared to the tC. If they hadn't made it into the ugly hatchback that it is, I probably would have gotten it, but when I found out about the tC I was in love lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
lol....you know, watching raytrix's videos is like watching that NHB DC5 guy's videos of base RSX vs scion tC  For those who know what I'm talking about[/b]
yea that video was garbage

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Originally posted by airswipes@Aug 9 2005, 04:30 PM
the tc is definitely faster on the tracks. i've never had a chance to hit the tracks but i've raced my buddies ep on the streets from a roll and they're not too bad. i've got injen cai, 18s and a short shifter and he has an injen cai and broken motor mounts. we hit it from about 45 i was in third and he was in second, he immediately pulled a car ahead but then he shifted into third and i reeled him in nicely and put a good car or two lengths ahead by 80.
The tC is defenatly slower on the track. i went there and i ran what the car does stock spining threw 1st 2nd and half of 3rd. that was the first time I had ever driven on the track and i ran a 15.7233 that is what the car runs stock. i have K&N CAI and custom Bent CAT back exhaust. i found the car is better on the street especially with the stock tires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by ktown570@Aug 15 2005, 06:05 PM
i got this stare down from this punk kid in a si today, owned his stupid peice of #### by 5 car lengths this time on the highway.. bet his gf liked that BITCH
lol was the 5 cars because he wasn't racing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was gonna get a tC but I decided that I didn't want to be rolling around with the same engine my dad has in his 04 camry. It seemed kinda gay. And that crappy blind over the 2nd half moon room turned me off. Maybe if the TRD charger came out...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by abc123youandme@Aug 16 2005, 12:36 AM
I was gonna get a tC but I decided that I didn't want to be rolling around with the same engine my dad has in his 04 camry.  It seemed kinda gay.  And that crappy blind over the 2nd half moon room turned me off.  Maybe if the TRD charger came out...
You let a blind on a moonroof be the deciding factor in weather or not you got a car?

...right.

And I hate to break it to you, but there are more cars out there running the same exact engines than you obviously know. What makes them all different is the rest of the car, you may have the same engine in the tC as a camry, but it's geared far differently, its a different weight on a sport-tuned suspention, the list goes on.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.