Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yes. I love my new Scion TC but i must say, once you've driven and high powered turbocharged car (rolled in a 400hp eclipse for a while), well ... an N/A car just doesnt seem fun anymore.

So this then leads me to the decision that my Scion tc needs a nice little bit of boost to help it prance down the street in style.

I have everything i need so far and am now in the waiting process of the welders. (they do much better welds than i do) lol

Everything on the car is designed by myself incase your wondering. So this isnt any special kit you can buy anywhere. Everything is in house, and damn proud of it. I am planning on making a few of these if anyone is interested. but as of right now this is the only one in existence.

So far the kit consist of:

.57 trim T3/T4 turbo
Custom tubular Manifold
24"x10"x3" FMIC (custom piping)
Custom 2.5"-3" Downpipe
Tial 38mm wastegate
TurboXS b.o.v
450cc injectors
Greddy E-Manage EMS

and some other stuff...

Soon to be added parts include:

Upgraded fuel pump
Boost controller
Performance clutch

It should only be a few more days before i start adding parts to the car, and as i do i will be sure to get some pics fo reveryone to see, and i will certainly follow up my progress on the forum.

So keep watch and hopefully everything will work out for the best.

Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
looks good on paper. let us know how that all works out for you.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Be sure to post how you get around the fuel delivery issues. So far I haven't seen anyone with an elegant solution.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i got some pics today of my little project. So far the FMIC is on the car and the pipes are all matched up (they just need to be installed) and the Manifold got back from the welder, so its all done and ready to get installed. the only thing left now is getting the new exhaust downpipe finished up so i can install the turbo and hook up the exhaust.

Then its on the oil lines and fittings and getting it all bolted together.

and as for fuel issues. I will be running 450cc injectors with a custom built fuel rail and a Greddy E-Manage to keep everything happy.

Ok well thats about it for now.

Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]

Here are the pics so far.

Manifold, Turbo, and 38mm Tial Wastegate

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
um, just go ahead and fabricate another and give me a call.

nice work, keep us informed.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Good work, but to be honest I don't like the manifold all that much. Have you had it flow tested?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
does it have to? to be legal , yes.

will it?

there is no way that is going to pass smog in CA.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Super Tc@Sep 29 2005, 02:08 PM
would a turbo be cheaper than a supercharger?
the turbo kits that have been advertised (none of which i can confirm have actually shipped, except maybe the ZPI) are anywhere from high 2K up, depending on output. will a s/c be cheaper than that? Ken is advertising the TRD s/c at $2950. either on eyou will need installed, so if you cant do that yourself - another 400 plus for install is reasonable to expect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK so i got everything bolted on and setup today. and let me say.. today was a very good day for me.

Everything went on nice a smooth, the weather was awesome i had nobody bothering me, yeah it was good.

Oh yeah and as a bonus the car runs really really nice with the new kit installed.

Pulls like crazy and i actually think the car likes it a bit. hmm strange.

I am still going to invest in some nice 450cc injectors and have a custom fuel rail made sometime soon. and to manage everything i will be running a Greddy E-manade EMS that way i know the fuel curves are good and the ignition / timing is set up properly. I will be running my car at the track hopefully sometime in the next few weeks or so. so once i get some numbers and such i will post on here and let everyone know how it works.

But yeah. so thats about all. Turbo kit is complete and installed and running great.

and be sure to keep posting on here if you guys have questions and such. ill let you know whatever i can about what i did. and maybe i will try making up some more kits so others can have some fun too.

Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
224 Posts
yes, would love to see a video of yor car at the track!!!

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
So you just slapped a turbo on your car with out haveing to do anything? That sounds wierd how much boost are you pushing? but hey if it is working right now sounds prety good to me sounds a lil easyer then i thought good stuff. Also what size intercooler did you use cause i would like to get the Inter cooler pipeing and would like to see how it looks. thanx

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Congrats on the install! I _STRONGLY_ advise that you get some form of engine management on there ASAP and tune it... I've seen many a friend blow their engine from a improperly tuned ECM or no piggyback ECM at all.

Did you go front or side mount intercooler, and what sizing did you go with?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yep i pretty much did just slap a turbo kit on it. i was actually kinda suprised that everything worked out so well. my boost right now is regulated at 11.6 psi via the Tial 35mm wastegate (no boost controller).

and as for fuel i really want to add the greddy unit soon. im just waiting for some extra funds to arrive so i can install it.

I have got a chance to run it down the track yet cause the weather here basiclally just sucks balls right now. so whenever i get a chance i will get some pics and such uploaded.

and the intercooler i used is a 22x10x3 inch unit with 2.5 in and outs. i coupled them to a custom fabricated 3" intercooler pipe kit i made up. everything so far is pretty easy and working great. the only problem i have ran into was a small oil leak out of my oil inlet line. but its all good and fixed up now.

aight ill keep ya posted.

Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.